News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New, just wanted to say hi!

Started by lbk, October 10, 2002, 07:41:20 AM

lbk

I'm new to the track, and looking to hopefully find helpfull information and riding tips.

Just started riding the track this season, used my 01' Katana worked well until ground clearance became an issue. The exhaust scraped one time, so instead of buying enough aftermarket parts to help fix it up and it wasn't really what I wanted for a track bike. I looked for an end of season deal, I was hoping for a 600 but couldn't pass up a deal I got on a 97' GSXR-750.

I will probably have to start over next season since this bike is so different than what I'm used to.

I've been riding for about 8yrs total on the street. After riding the track, what can I say I'm addicted.

So hopefully I can hang around here pick up some good information, and who knows maybe I might even have something to offer occasionally.  ;D

Oh yeah and I've only done 4 track days, they've been with NESBA and STT. Blackhawk farms, and Putnam, I really like Putnam  :)

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

am125ike

QuoteHi Dave, and welcome!!!!! :D

dave?????? welcome......

kim, wussup with that ??? you know this kat ???
whats to him, spill da beans !!! exacaly, how much you know???
expose him, now!!!

(it's gonna be a long winter) :'(

lbk

Hey, Kim

Figured I needed to spend more time on a track specific board since you know that's all I'll be riding now.

I know Kim from Chicagoland Sportbikes, and we've been at 2 events at the same time I think.

am125 if you want to know something about me just ask! :D

KBOlsen

8)S'okay, Ike - Dave's cool... I've watched him toss that old Kan around like a bouncy blue ragdoll.  I'm tryin' to convince him to come race.  Think it'll do him some good! ;)

lbk

Kim you don't have to convince me  ;D I plan on it next season. I am hoping early in the season I can get into learning curves and get my license. I would like to get some experience on the Gix before I try to ride it in a crowd but I will be out there, not sure how many races I'll run but at least a few.

Unfortunately for me I will probably end up in the same classes as you because of the bike, so you'll be spanking me with that Tiller of yours out there. :D

I don't know how you ever watched me on the track though your tiller doesn't have mirrors and I don't recall you being behind me. LOL

am125ike

ok, youre in.....

im trying to fit in myself....... just started this year, and you know ..it travels downhill !!   and of course, being as new as i am, i have to pick on kim, and now i gotchoo ;D to pick on too....

but again, im new, so when you see, hear and feel these other guys and gals       "hand you some"  you'll know that im quite the "introductory offer" im 'soft'
.... wait till that one "dawn" lady gets ahold of your butt, you're done !!!

lbk

Ahh, I'll be ok seeing that I'm sure everyone here is faster than I am on the track. Kim can attest to that!

Here was about the best I could do with my Katana. The photo is from Jack at sliderphoto.com

I'll be all the way back to square one with the Gix!

It's cool I'm sure plenty of people will raz me, after all how many people rode a Katana as a track bike?  :D

am125ike

now thats a comfy looking seat!!!
you make sure, when you get in competition to get yor arse off that seat.
but im not taking anything from you, good shot (esp for a ka..k... that bike) (i cant stand them bikes, good thing youre off of it!!!!!!!!!!) (may as well bring a zx11)
 anyway, kim is much faster than when she first started, so be humble.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

its a blast, no matter what, im even certain i'll have more fun when i get fast.
but for now, im still having more fun than ive ever had.
oh yeah, it's pretty precise too, you gotta get on the line and stay on it (thats what im working on....

TZDeSioux

Great photo! That can of tuna sure has some good lean angle. Hope to see you out there racing next year.  :)

lbk

Actually am125 I am off the seat, it's just that the seat is so big you can't tell it. LOL

Here you can tell better in this picture, I have at least half a cheek off. Most people laugh and call me a monkey I hang off so bad. :D

KBOlsen

Spanked??  Ohh... you mean Rob ;)  It'll be fun to  have some more folks to play with.  Don't worry about it being a 750 - you'll grow into it before you realize.  HW rocks, and you'll have the opportunity to watch and learn from some absolutely phenomenal racers.  I hope you do the LC school in April and watch Rosno's website for his '03 school dates too. (I'll post all that on the other board as the dates are published)

I was behind you for a while the last Saturday afternoon at BHF when you were committing puckicide.

Ike - John's doing fine... he's been busy building me a YSR pit bike (it'll look like the TL but a little less crunchy)

Hope to see you and yours at the banquet.