News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Newb with questions on Preping an SV

Started by KWComp, August 03, 2004, 10:06:27 AM

KWComp

QuoteHere's one I found.  I know it's won races:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56571

To me, that seems like a pretty nice bike and some nice parts for the price.  I think I ll give the guy call.  Would you guys agree or is this a going rate for a reasonably equipped bike thats been raced

ekraft84

I would say it's a fair price.  I know the history on the bike.  It wasn't raced hard and the guy that's selling it now, he's just used it for trackdays.

I haven't talked with the guy (Ken) in a bit, so you'd want to make sure obviously before committing to anything, but that's just my two cents.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

lbk

Looks like a good price, again though find out about the cut air box. More than likely it's just the filter which is no big deal you can get a new one. But this is one of the things they tech and disqualify you for in the supersport class.

Also if he only cut the snorkel itself out, it's still legal the rule book states that it must have the same number and size of openings as stock. So if it is just the snorkel you are fine unless he opened the actual intake hole more. Again though minor item.

ekraft84

Yeah, swapping out the filter is no problem.  If you found an advantage with the cut airbox and tank spacers, you could even put on/remove those for certain races.

If you're new to racing though and looking to do SS, I would just put a regular air box in and just worry about riding.

Good luck.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

KWComp

Hey LBK, I saw in another thread that you were racing at Gingerman when I took my licensing class.  What rig and approx area of the paddock were you in?   Just wondering if I saw you there.

Also, I called on that bike.  Ken was in a meeting, I think I am going to try to go look at it this weekend.

dylanfan53

Just in case you want another unsolicited opinion from an SV racer, that looks like a very good price and Kraft's advice is sound.  I don't know the seller.

Also, forget about doing anything with the motor yet.  Suspension (and setup!) should be your first priority at this point.
Don Cook
CCS #53

lbk

QuoteHey LBK, I saw in another thread that you were racing at Gingerman when I took my licensing class.  What rig and approx area of the paddock were you in?   Just wondering if I saw you there.

Also, I called on that bike.  Ken was in a meeting, I think I am going to try to go look at it this weekend.

We were there, along the pit lane just down from H-man 29' Camper there my SV is blue and white SV that has GSXR Plastics on it. AM #724

racer865

I Am selling my 99 sv dirt cheap if interested This bike won 5 SE regional championships in02 as an amateur and 4 SE championships as an expert in 03. I am unable to race this year due to buying a farm and building new house. I was going to keep bike but I need the cash more than the bike.I am located in Knoxville Tn Give me a call if interested  865 363-0369 Ask any of the midatlantic or SE experts about the bike #865 Danny Tackett

racer865

I forgot to list the price First 2500 in cash takes bike and spares. bike is ready to race and capable of winning as is the reason I am selling cheap is to get money fast and the bike needs paint if your into looks. I believe shiny new paint makes race bikes into ground magnets so cosmetics are not a priority for me. mechanically the bike is killer. It is SS legal and has all the mods. Call for specifics Thanks Danny Tackett #865

KWComp

QuoteI forgot to list the price First 2500 in cash takes bike and spares. bike is ready to race and capable of winning as is the reason I am selling cheap is to get money fast and the bike needs paint if your into looks. I believe shiny new paint makes race bikes into ground magnets so cosmetics are not a priority for me. mechanically the bike is killer. It is SS legal and has all the mods. Call for specifics Thanks Danny Tackett #865

Danny, Can you e-mail me some pics of the Bike?  Preferably close up shots if you have em available.  Thanks, Kevin    kwhaley@hmscollc.com

racer865

Im not great with computers but I will try to get some pics on a disc and get them to you might take a few days.  Danny

Nate R

See  my site in my Sig for frame sliders.

I know lbk and NoCentsRacing here on the board have tested them out for the SV. 8)

Super Dave tested them on his R6 twice now.  ;D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(