Phantom track on mid-atlantic schedule

Started by Roach, January 14, 2002, 05:32:48 AM

Roach

Rausch Creek is on the schedule again... twice.

No work has been done on the track, and they've even taken their website down!  (try http://www.rauschcreekracing.com)

I can understand one date... late in the season, as a "hope and pray" date... but two dates, one of which is 6 months from now? Don't see it happening.

- Roach

JFlack

I personally talked to the track director last month and he clarified a number of things for me.

The first was why construction was halted.  They had a problem with their drainage plan and the EPA stopped them.  This has since been addressed and they have the EPA's approval now.  They are halted due to weather at the moment, however they have completed much of what needs to be done prior to paving and they will start that as soon as weather permits (April probably) so tere is a good chance that te track will be online nefore the June dates.

Jonathan

B-MAC

I am not sure of what is going on with rausch, but the confusing part to me is that in the mailer for license renewal there is a spot that lists the different tracks by region and low and behold, there is Beaver Run.  But it is not on the schedule---WTF?
Is it on standby in case Rausch does not open or what??

CCS

BeaveRun is listed in the hopes that they will be done and scheduling races not just track days in 2003. (If you look at their 2002 schedule, every possible weekend is reserved by a car or bike track day/club).

Just planning ahead, thats all.

See you at the races.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127