News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Kinda scary...

Started by tigerblade, July 28, 2004, 07:16:43 AM

cornercamping

Johnny,

Thanks for clearing that up.  Glad to hear he's alright.  I'm still trying to find someone that will be willing to build a site for the above.  I'll host it though.

I think it would be cool for race orgs., to have access to a real time database of available cornerworkers.  What I'm thinking is that as long as a majority of track day riders and racers each donate $1.00 it would work.  If the site ends up being successful, and enough money is raised, cornerworkers could make $100.00 a day for each day worked  :D  That's what they deserve anyways, atleast.

Johnny B

QuoteNot meaning to take away anything from the tragic events that transpired.  A truly sad and preventable situation.
Things come out of left field that aren't anticipated. We can only study what happened and improve things.
Judging from the BARF thread, they will look at the situation and make changes. We made changes in procedure following Rob's accident. I recently set up a chicane in the paddock following the Richard Chambers pit bike accident which fixed the intersection very nicely. And there is currently a review going on in the wake of Bryan Paquette's death, our first MC racing fatality in the 14 years that NHIS has been operating.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

cornercamping

Are their any orgs. that "monitor" race track saftey and procedures?  Kinda like ISO is a "standard" in manufacturing.  Is there such a thing for race track saftey?  Kinda like an outside firm that monitors safety and procedures?  Like OSHA for worker saftey?

davegsxrold929r

QuoteThings come out of left field that aren't anticipated. We can only study what happened and improve things.
Judging from the BARF thread, they will look at the situation and make changes. We made changes in procedure following Rob's accident. I recently set up a chicane in the paddock following the Richard Chambers pit bike accident which fixed the intersection very nicely. And there is currently a review going on in the wake of Bryan Paquette's death, our first MC racing fatality in the 14 years that NHIS has been operating.

what pit bike accident was this ??  and at what intersection ??

i am a regular lrrs.er  and have been to many other tracks., i feel that LRRS has one of the safest run tracks., with the least amount of red flags possible.,

i know VIR and Summit for one have a ton of red flags., for far less reasons than LRRS does., yet LRRS is much safer and the corner workers have always been top notch ., they are top notch at ALL tracks do not take that the wrong way., please....

what year was robs accident in turn 2 ?

Johnny B

QuoteAre their any orgs. that "monitor" race track saftey and procedures?  Kinda like ISO is a "standard" in manufacturing.  Is there such a thing for race track saftey?  Kinda like an outside firm that monitors safety and procedures?  Like OSHA for worker saftey?
Jerry Wood is the NHIS Safety Director. It is his job to investigate these things and report to the Bahres with any suggestions and budget requests.
Sandy Macpherson has a massive incident database that goes back into the Bryar Motorsport Park days. It's quite handy for identifying and fixing trouble spots.
We are in New Hampshire, "Live Free Or Die" and all. With no state income tax or sales tax, you don't see much in the way of government bureacracy in these parts. There were questions as to who was supposed to investigate after the Kenny Irwin and Adam Petty NASCAR oval deaths. New Hampshire just does not have such an agency.

Johnny B

Quotewhat pit bike accident was this ??  and at what intersection ??

what year was robs accident in turn 2 ?

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=9700 Richard was coming from the Central Garages. He passed in front of the Scales Garage where I work and into traffic coming from the North Garages on their way to Pre-grid. Kind of like with cell phones, you shouldn't announce while driving! I later found out that he broke a kneecap. :o

Rob was hit July 7, 2001.

davegsxrold929r

thats a scarey spot when you are going out to the grids ANYTIME... like a 3-way merge of hyped up people.,.....

thanks

Johnny B

Quotethats a scarey spot when you are going out to the grids ANYTIME... like a 3-way merge of hyped up people.,.....
Did you notice the fencing set up the last time around? If you weren't there the last event, you'll see it the next time around.

This thread is on hold for three days while I'm at NHIS! My idea of "roughing it" is no internet access.  ;)