News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RAce of Champions

Started by cuda, July 22, 2004, 02:22:17 PM

cuda

Question about race of champions.  With WERA they have regional races and championships before the GNF.  THen you go to the GNF to win (or lose) the national sportsman title.  They also have a round of the nationals which is just the last national round.  Is this the same with CCS's race of champoins?  Does that race crown the national champ in the same kind of way?  I ask because I am not going to run enough races to win a region in any one class, but I have a good chance in any one race.  Homestead is a LONG WAY OFF and I don't want to go if it is just a final round of all the regions or whatever.

MELK-MAN

QuoteQuestion about race of champions.  With WERA they have regional races and championships before the GNF.  THen you go to the GNF to win (or lose) the national sportsman title.  They also have a round of the nationals which is just the last national round.  Is this the same with CCS's race of champoins?  Does that race crown the national champ in the same kind of way?  I ask because I am not going to run enough races to win a region in any one class, but I have a good chance in any one race.  Homestead is a LONG WAY OFF and I don't want to go if it is just a final round of all the regions or whatever.

Winner takes all! 1 race in each class for a ntl championship. YOu are gridded by your standing in that class in your region.. all 1st place riders for the 8 regions are gridded up front, and so on. Then gridded by entry order. Last year one of the am mid wt races had 2 waves, thus no points you would be starting at the back. Why not give it a go!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Clay

SWEET!  Finally I can be gridded by my accomplishments and not my friggin' wallet!  ;D

cuda

Cool.  At first I wasn't going to go because of the drive, but it is in Dec so I will be hard up to ride (the only reason I went to Daytona) and maybe it won't be so bad.  

Protein Filled

QuoteCool.  At first I wasn't going to go because of the drive, but it is in Dec so I will be hard up to ride (the only reason I went to Daytona) and maybe it won't be so bad.  

I think the ROC at Homestead is in October, not December...The December race is just a regular regional event
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

Exactly, October.

And the Formula USA events at ROC are the final rounds of the series, not a winner take all.  The CCS events are winner take all.
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

QuoteI think the ROC at Homestead is in October, not December...The December race is just a regular regional event

Right!.. You will just be racing with us regional riders in Dec. If your looking for a title ya better show up in Oct. ;)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

davegsxrold929r

was cool to be on the front row at daytona last year ., even if it was as an AM...lol...

homestead should be fun also ., i like homestead better than daytona anyway