throw the red flag

Started by chris_chops, October 07, 2002, 01:23:51 PM

chris_chops

Thanks to all the racers and fans who screamed for the red flag in the EX UGP race this sunday at gateway bacause of the water Hanson (#65 Ducati) unintentionally spashed on the exit of 4 just seconds behind me.  You guys had the right idea because the flag should have been thrown (at least a debri flag)!  Unfortunately, it all happened too fast for Lamont #600 as he was right behind Hanson--but I came through on a waving yellow glued to Quillman's and Purk's tails almost A FULL LAP LATER and the water, Lamont, his bike, and several cornerworkers were still standing around in the crash zone.  Having my vision ubstructed and seeing only a waving yellow I went down in the water and I proceeded to drill Lamont's bike(with my back and back protector), then sweep a cornerworker's leg and flip myself into the tire wall.  when a bike is sitting in a crash zone, throw the flag or get him OUT!  They just stood around for almost a full lap and didn't do squat!  I'm glad I got a piece of that guy,  maybe it will teach them a thing or two.  I really, really appreciate good cornerworkers with common sense.  They are all over the states.  The rest should get lost!  Our lives are at stake and we need to do something about it.  What can we do without ccs jammin' us for way more money.  Any suggestions? You won't see me at Gateway again.  Remember, the Rescue Helicopter has an ad on the board at the front gate.  Carr #150

Jeff

QuoteThanks to all the racers and fans who screamed for the red flag

You're welcome... I was one of them... Pitted right there, and saw the whole thing coming.

QuoteI proceeded to drill Lamont's bike(with my back and back protector), then sweep a cornerworker's leg and flip myself into the tire wall.  when a bike is sitting in a crash zone, throw the flag or get him OUT!  They just stood around for almost a full lap and didn't do squat!  I'm glad I got a piece of that guy,  maybe it will teach them a thing or two.  

Here's where I'll 'try' to remain civil.

I understand your anger, but you're directing it at the WRONG PERSON.  I'm surprised you couldn't hear the screaming from the guy you clipped.  He was screaming for the other two people to MOVE THE FU[K1N6 BIKE!!!  

There was no excuse for the other two to be standing there (there were 2 bikes that passed and these 2 workers had their BACKS to the bikes!!!) before the guy you clipped ran over there and was SCREAMING for them to get the bike out of the way...

For the simple fact that that dude might read this, (or his family may), you could consider an apology.

Curse the other two, they deserve it...  But the guy you clipped was your only advocate in that corner.

QuoteI really, really appreciate good cornerworkers with common sense.  They are all over the states.  The rest should get lost!  Our lives are at stake and we need to do something about it.  

Agreed...  

QuoteWhat can we do without ccs jammin' us for way more money.  Any suggestions?

Race one day and work a corner the other...  Make this mandatory for AM riders 1st year (bit[h all you want, but you learn a lot in a corner)

QuoteYou won't see me at Gateway again.

Yep... I said that this last March when the chicane wasn't secured to the ground and Wascow nearly died over it...  (still found myself there this last weekend though).

I thank God that none of you were seriously injured in a situation which was completely preventable.

See you there next spring  ::)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

chris_chops

If it is as you said, then the I have blamed the wrong guy and I know Lamont is not to blame because sometimes you are still getting your bearings a few minutes after a crash..  Sorry buddy, WE NEED MORE GUYS LIKE YOU! Now that I am a little cooler and have my head on straight I would never wish any harm on anyone.  Good suggestions, by the way. I should have gone to the doc yesterday because now my back is going numb along with the pain.  I am on my way now.  More later.......

pmoravek

I think that's an awesome idea about working a corner one day and racing the next. You should suggest that to the CCS folks. I always find that people are a lot more tolerant of other folks, when they've walked a mile in their shoes...know what I mean?

Hey Chops,
Hope your back is okay.

TZDeSioux

Hey Chops...  When we going to have the Video Viewing and MotoGP2 tournament? I hope we do this before Daytona you mowfockoo!