New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Getting faster!

Started by Admin, January 10, 2002, 12:52:57 PM

Admin

Well, I'm very proud to say that I ran 5 seconds faster
then my fastest time at North Florida Motorsports Park
this weekend.  My fastest lap had been a 1:37 in my
previous three weekends, but I turned a 1:32 this weekend.
Now, I still don't think that I am fast, but I had been
getting very discouraged by my lack of ability to lower
my times in practices...I had hit a plateau of sorts.

Anyway, just wanted to pat myself on the back and say
"good job".  I hope no-one else minds :).

Shawn

JAHAWK

I'd pat myself on the back too if I dropped 5 seconds. cool, nuthing wrong with that.:D 8)

SE#39

Good job Shawn.
What did you do different to get a 5 sec/lap improvement?

RickyRacer

Hey that's great Shawn. 5 sec is a lot and you should feel good about it. Like SE#39 asked, what did you do different? Were you able to straiten out turn 3 & 4? (The so called chicane.)
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

JFlack

Shawn,

Did they finally get braking markers in?  I heard there was a pour done in the paddock too and now there is proper concrete down.

Are you going to be at Bargy's sessions on the 19th?

Jonathan

SE#39

NFMP -- Ed Bargy has school/practice on the 19/20 and Frank Kinsey has school/practice on monday the 21st.
We are planning to make the monday Kinsey session.
Hope to see some of you there.

FullMoonRacing

Off of 1:37, 5 seconds is HUGE.  Look into getting a MyChron Lite timer - greatest tool since sliced bread.  You'll get ACCURATE electronically done times every lap (and will store laps for review later) without depending on the help of a hungover buddy trackside.  I think I paid $225ish last year for one.

Here's where I got mine last Winter.  
http://hisideracing.safeshopper.com/12/cat12.htm?657
--ask around about this, once you have it, you'll kick yourself for not getting one sooner!

Admin

Nope, still no breaking markers.  I'm finding the lack of visual clues as a large hinderence to my getting faster.

Anyway, I picked up the five seconds by carrying more speed through the esses and keeping a higher gearing through the technical part of the course.  It didn't seem like I was going that much faster, and I blew myself away when I saw my times.

Shawn