Hello Guest

Great Plains at Barber

• 4 Replies

deltadave

+7/-4
  • Dave Myers   ASRA & CCS Great Plains EX #16
Great Plains at Barber
« on: July 04, 2004, 08:05:03 am »
 ??? I noticed that the Great Plains Region is not listed on the schedule for the August 14-15 Races at Barber on the CCS website.  Is this a schedule change for Great Plains or just an oversight ?
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

stephenr928

+2/-0
  • What's up...Buttercup?
Re: Great Plains at Barber
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 06:00:53 am »
I called CCS last week to inquire.  I was told to call back in the afternoon. I did, and was told GP was still on the master schedule.  I questioned the plan of a four region (+ Formula USA) event which seemed overly ambitious, thanked the nice lady and hung up.
Then I realized I forgot to inquire if it would be a double points paying weekend.  (I heard a rumor mentioning that fact.)
I made the trip from Omaha last year because the weekend was a twin sprint event.  I don't think I will go this year for essentially one race.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2
(My Heart Still Remains in the Great Plains)

deltadave

+7/-4
  • Dave Myers   ASRA & CCS Great Plains EX #16
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 06:54:40 am »
Steve,  Thanks for the info. My schedule shows it as a twin sprint weekend.  Therefore it should be worth the drive for you.  I missed Topeka and MAM because of shoulder surgery.  (softball injury)  I hope to see you at Blackhawk and Barber.

Dave
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Super_KC124

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 08:41:57 am »
Direct from Kevin Elliott. Barber is on the Great Plains schedule. It's going to be a double points race not a twin sprint. The Nov. Topeka race is now a question mark. Enjoy. ;)
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

stephenr928

+2/-0
  • What's up...Buttercup?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 09:31:39 am »
Kevin,
Thanks for the update.  I wanted to ask Mr. Elliot for an update when leaving MAM.....But was so pissed that there were no lap times from my Sunday race b/c the timing system "broke".
(I tried to warn everyone, Ms. Hipps IS the devil.)

And on a further pessimistic note, I hope they dump that last round at HP.  Racing in November?!  That's crazy!  (Did they not learn anything at Road America this year?)

I'll go back under my rock now.
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2
(My Heart Still Remains in the Great Plains)