Rules Question - Color of number plate...

Started by dave333, October 03, 2002, 05:49:01 AM

dave333

I just picked up a new tail section and it has white backing for the number plates.  Do the rules state I MUST run yellow if I am an amateur?  I am running short on time and don't want to have to mess with the color if I don't need to.

tia, y'all...

Decreasing_Dave

YES...According to the rules, amatures run yellow backgrounds, experts run white  :-/

THE_D.O.C.

and for god's sake. don't run flourescent yellow. i was yanked off the grid at daytona by an ass named larry manor. he didn't like the color yellow i had. although the ruleboolk only states yellow and no specifics. evn though i passed tech, practiced all day on thursday, and raced a previous race on friday. not one time did anyone say anything. then at the 2 board, some ass comes up and says "GET OFF THE GRID". some people are just jerks for a living.

dave333

LOL!!!  Aren't you glad we pay for the opportunity to give those guys an avenue for their idiocy?  Thanks for the info, I'm all set now!

sdiver68

Dave,

Yellow speed tape.  5 minutes, no problem.

MCRA Race School Instructor

TiffineyIngram

You guys are right, it only says "yellow".  Sorry about you being yanked off the grid, that's not fair.  From a scoring standpoint, the school bus yellow is the easiest to see with black.  Really, though, the most important thing is that the scorers can see your numbers clearly, right?  Let me give you a tip:  the least amount of gloss the better.  At Gateway, the glare can sometimes be quite terrible, but there was a bike there, I'm not sure of the rider, but it was #109 I think, that we caught every time just because of his totally matte finish on the front end of his bike.  I know changing something like that would probably be a lot of trouble for y'all, but it's just a thought in case you're looking into a new paint job for next year.

Litespeed

My brother has run flourescent yellow all year in the SW region with no problems.

THE_D.O.C.

proving my point that getting yanked off the grid was bullshit.

Ungwaha

The same thing happened to my brother back in 95 or 96.  He races at the Frozen Roebling race and passed tech there, and then gets flunked at daytona.

They just said its "to much green"  <?>   So we had to do the $10 roll of yellow racer tape and $3 ea numbers to get passed and out for practice.   ??? ???

NOW I REMEMBER WHY I HATE DAYTONA!!
Damn I'm slow

THE_D.O.C.

it was probably the same larry manor schleprock.

Litespeed

Well, my attempt to run the same flourescent yellow as my brother resulted in a scramble to get yellow duct tape all over the place.  Furthermore, on RC51's, you are required to run the numbers on the windscreen since you can't comfortably fit them on the provided number plates.  In conclusion, the color of yellow they are looking for is school bus yellow and if you have a ram air on the front of your bike, prepare to paint the windscreen...

r6_philly

they did the same to me at Daytona. I had raced prior in MA with no problem (R6). At daytona, they told me my numbers are too big (mind you my whole upper is yellow). They put yellow duct tape over my screen and put a FUSA sticker on top of that. I went on the banking and can see through my screen. Came off back to tech and told them. I had to cut my front numbers smaller (about 2 inches shorter) to get enough space to see through the screen.