Question on headlights...

Started by RidgeRider, July 01, 2004, 07:32:45 AM

RidgeRider

I'm thinking about racing in CCS.  I've read through the rules, as well as a number of posts on this board but I can't figure out if I need to remove my headlights.  I have sharkskinz "street" bodywork that still has OEM headlight holes/lights.

In this post:

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=rules;action=display;num=1081183022

It says to remove all lights, but in the rules it says:

5.2.7 All turn signals, luggage racks, and mirrors must be removed (nothing about headlights)
5.2.8 All lenses and instrument faces must be taped or removed

To me, it sounds like I can keep the headlights, as long as I tape them up.  I still need to be able to ride the bike on the street, so being able to leave them in would me much easier for me.

The tail is not a problem since I have a separate race tail, but I don't have a second upper/lower w/o the headlight holes.

Any help would be appreciated.  Hopefully, I'll get in a few races at BHF before the season ends.

Thanks.

RidgeRider
ZX6R 636

Protein Filled

I am pretty sure that if you tape them, then it's OK. I have seen guys out there with taped headlights before...

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

RidgeRider

Woofentino Pugrossi

Just make sure you pull teh bulbs or fuses.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

GSXR RACER MIKE

And soon enough you'll probably give up street riding anyways, so it won't be an issue anymore! ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Clay

Yup.  I remember there was a guy at Roebling on a brand spankin' new gix 6 that still had the street bodywork on, just taped up.  So yes, you can.  :)

Super Dave

I think trick is WHEN you do crash, the lenses will shatter and make a huge mess requiring a lot of work for the clean up crew and delaying everything.  That won't necessarily make for a lot of friends.  Pull the upper, pop off the whole head light assembly.  Shouldn't be hard.  Will save $$, period.
Super Dave