News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Today's my 8th year wedding anniversary

Started by motomadness, June 29, 2004, 10:14:18 AM

motomadness

On this day in 1996, I married my lovely wife Tiffanni in St. Louis, MO.  For the first time in almost three years, weren't not going to a race for our anniversary.  I know she's happy about that.

StumpysWife

NO WAY!  

Today is our 8th year wedding anniversary!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!   :D

Heather

Dawn

Happy Anniversary to you both!!!!  

Only 8 MORE years and you will be caught up to Paul and I.

Dawn   ;)

motomadness

Congratulations Heather and Stumpy.  How old are you guys?  It doesn't matter, just keep the love flowing.

What are your plans for the day?  I came to Chicago to go the Prince concert with Tiffanni, but it was postponed, so now I'm searching for something fun.  New Edition (80's R&B band) is performing at the Taste this evening, we may go see them.

Anyway, you all have a great day.

StumpysWife

Well we're going to celebrate with a lovely trip to sticker up a boat, followed by a trip to the grocery store for MAM supplies.  We'll top all this off with finishing packing the trailer/motorhome and fishing the rest of the clothes out of the dryer.  

Ahh wedded racing bliss.  

We're supposed to work in dinner at somewhere without Subway in the name.  

And I have a superbig bunch of flowers on my desk now, too.  He'll get his gift tonight  ;).

I'm 29 and he's 27.  Yup, we married young!

Heather

motomadness

I thought you all we younger than that.  You all definitely have youthful spirits.

Your days sounds like several of my past anniversary days.

diesel748

Best Wishes to both Monsta & Monsta's wife , Stumpy and Stumpy's wife. AKA Sean, Tiffani, heather & Stumpy.

251am

WOW, congrats on all the anniversaries!!!!!!!!! The couples that grid together... :-X

Protein Filled

Jeez, you guys sound like you actually enjoy being married! Here is a little anniversary story for you:

A couple goes out to dinner to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary. On the way home, she notices a tear in his eye and asks if he's getting sentimental because they're celebrating 8 wonderful years together. He replies, "No, I was thinking about the time before we got married. Your father threatened me with a shotgun and said he'd have me thrown in jail for 8 years if I didn't marry you. Tomorrow I would've been a free man!"

;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

motomadness

Chuck

Congrats Heather, Stumpy, Sean and Tiffani!!!  Have a great Day, and I'll see you all at MAM.

Jeff

QuoteI'm 29 and he's 27.  Yup, we married young!

And you're only on year 8?!?  bah.  I was 19 and it was the day before Jennifer's 18th birthday when we got hitched.   ;D

Still proving people wrong on a daily basis...  (the whole "your marriage will never last" crowd)

Congrats though to the Wyatt's and the Stumpies...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

SWEEET!!!

Congratulations, everyone!!!!!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

stumpy

Geez after that Trackday fee at MAM this weekend maybe I should have held off on the flowers and picked daisies from our lawn ;D Hey Jeff did you also have to find a buyer for beer at you own wedding??? It was a little weird... Congrats Sean! I'd hit the New Edition concert too!!  Nice Story Edgar! See you guys soon!

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

spyderchick

Congrats to all the happy couples out there.  ;) ;D

Rog and I did #24 last April...so it's Silver anniversary for us next year! :D :D :D

Much like Jeff, we are proving people wrong everyday. ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

am_#65_john_deere

congratulations to both the lovely couples,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

now come on,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats the problem,,,,,,,,,no kids yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is someone shooting blanks.

if i were eight years married and had no kids to show for it,,,,,,,, well, lets not got there,,,,,, :o :o :o :o,,,,,,,,

see you all at blackhawk,,,,,,,,,,,i will have the new crew chief with me.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

spyderchick

Quotenow come on,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats the problem,,,,,,,,,no kids yet... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, there are breeders, not breeders and late bloomers.  :o  ;)
Leave the kids alone! You know how hard it is to perform under pressure. ::) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

StumpysWife

Now if you know us, you know we have a son--little Buddy Steltenpohl.  

He's four and his favorite foods are ice cream and snausages.

He'd come with to races, but he doesn't like 2-strokes.  I kid you not.

Heather

Jeff

Quotenow come on,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats the problem,,,,,,,,,no kids yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is someone shooting blanks.

Amen!  Knock 'em out of the way quick.  It's kinda weird turning 33 in 1.5 weeks and having a 13 y/o daughter (err....  sorry, she's still 11 mr. gate rapist :-X ).

Here's the beauty of it though...  When all my 'peers' were young and stupid, they went out and p1ssed what little money they had away partying while we were staying home with kids.  Now they're 30-somethings and having kids.  In but a few short years, I will have them out of the house, and have more money & wisdom, and do my partying then!

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

QuoteHere's the beauty of it though...  When all my 'peers' were young and stupid, they went out and p1ssed what little money they had away partying while we were staying home with kids.  Now they're 30-somethings and having kids.  In but a few short years, I will have them out of the house, and have more money & wisdom, and do my partying then!

Amen to that....

Dawn   ;)

spyderchick

I'll second that Amen and raise you 2!

Yeah, Roger's sister is still miffed cuz we can go racing. She has 3 kids, and will have to wait until the last one finishes college (about 8 years from now)before they can have fun. I'd say forget college and take the whole brood racing!  :o ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

TZDeSioux

He'd come with to races, but he doesn't like 2-strokes.  I kid you not.

Heather

LOL that is the funniest thing I ever heard.  ;D

tzracer

QuoteAmen! ÊKnock 'em out of the way quick. ÊIt's kinda weird turning 33 in 1.5 weeks and having a 13 y/o daughter (err.... Êsorry, she's still 11 mr. gate rapist :-X ).

Here's the beauty of it though... ÊWhen all my 'peers' were young and stupid, they went out and p1ssed what little money they had away partying while we were staying home with kids. ÊNow they're 30-somethings and having kids. ÊIn but a few short years, I will have them out of the house, and have more money & wisdom, and do my partying then!

Not to put a damper on your plans, but my parents had a similar idea. Unfortunately my father had a change of plans, got cancer (asbestos) and died. That was almost 25 years ago. My mother did remarry (1991 or 1992) but her second husband also died of cancer (smoking). She is living her golden years with a dog and 2 birds.

I do plan for the future, but I don't pass up things I would like to do because there may be no tomorrow.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Nate R

QuoteI do plan for the future, but I don't pass up things I would like to do because there may be no tomorrow.

Agreed. After losing my father on my 13th Birthday to cancer, I was glad our family took the time to take a vacation trip every year, and really thankful for what he sacrificed to raise 4 kids and give them a decent household.

I raced last year mostly based on the statement up top. I knew I'd be bare bones, and probably not be able to do much racing after the first year because of school, but at least I got to do some. No matter what happens now, I at least got to do something I wanted to.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TZDeSioux

yep... i believe a very wise man once said...

"Never put off till tomorrow the things you can buy today -- tomorrow your credit may not be good."

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

motomadness

Rev,

You are crazy.  Are you coming to the next BHF round?  BTW, I will be in the Chi this weekend, and plan on going to the Players Club on Sunday to watch the races.  Care to join us (that's open to anyone)?

EX#996

QuoteRev,

You are crazy.  Are you coming to the next BHF round?  BTW, I will be in the Chi this weekend, and plan on going to the Players Club on Sunday to watch the races.  Care to join us (that's open to anyone)?

We plan on going to K3's house for the weekend.  So on our way through we'll think of you.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton