Boot Suggestions?

Started by Nate R, October 02, 2002, 05:06:00 PM

Nate R

I'll be racing in the CCS MW reigon in 2003 on my SV. I took the Learning Curves school in 2001 on my old Ninja 250  :o

I'm looking for suggestions on Racing Boots in the $150-$215 range. What do you recommend (or NOT recommend) and why?

I'm looking at the Teknic Lightning right now. Any suggestions?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

sportbikepete

I used Gaerne boots up until my last race where i tried Sidi's. Needless to say the Sidi's are great and comfortable, best boots I've ever had. I also like the AGV. Tried Alpinestars on and were way to uncomfortable for me. Never tried a Teknic though.

EX#996

My husband has used Alpine Stars (GP's I think) for two years and they held up really good.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

funksouljon

I am picking up a set of Alpinestar SMX+ from Cycle Tech Racing this weekend. They have come highly recommended to me and are at the upper end of your price range.

amaner

Sidi Vertabrae's are great.  They're comfortable and they crash well.  (I've pavement-tested mine three times this year and they've held up very well.)  No complaints whatsoever.

KBOlsen

Technic Violator II's... depending on whether you can get a deal, might fall into your price range.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Jeff

Sidi Vertebra II...

Check out the review of them on my site.
www.cbr600f4.com under reviews

Pick them up from Audrey at www.motoliberty.com (tell her I sent you over).

Personally I've seen some BAD things happen to Teknic gear (and AGV for that matter) under circumstances that most other gear holds up extremely well to. Primarily their leathers (right Ike?), but by seeing that I personally wouldn't trust *anything* they make...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racesbikes

Sidi Vertebra or Vertebra II are excellent.

Tested them succesfully a few times. My Alpinestars lost a sole in a low side, not real confidence inspiring.

I know you are trying to stay within a budget, but don't skimp on safety gear (leathers, boots, gloves, helmets and back protector), buy the best you can.

Litespeed

I am currently using the Lockhart PHillips XPD boots (not sure which model but it's the racing one) and quite happy with the comfort and protection so far.  For the price I don't know if you can find much better and the looks are kinda cool to,though that shoudln't factor in.

EX#996

QuoteCheck out the review of them on my site.
Personally I've seen some BAD things happen to Teknic gear (and AGV for that matter) under circumstances that most other gear holds up extremely well to. Primarily their leathers (right Ike?), but by seeing that I personally wouldn't trust *anything* they make...

Teknic Violator Glove have held up really well for Paul.  I would tell you how many times he has crash tested them, but then one would wonder about his abilities   ;)

But seriously...  Paul has not experience a failure with his Teknic Violator gloves and even RRW gives them a thumbs up.

My $.02

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

THE_D.O.C.

Speedballer347

Sidi Verts!
Great protection, good price and are real comfy.
I would buy them again....wait a minute, I did ;D

SMX hurt my toes.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing