News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Learning curves school

Started by fireman_jb, June 28, 2004, 04:50:07 PM

fireman_jb

I've signed up for the learning Curves school at Roabling on July 24-25th.  how does the hole day work out.  I know there is class time then a few track runs in between ccs races.  But how and when will I get my number for the Sunday race.  I will have my bike all decked out for the Sunday races with yellow back grounds.  Shoul dI just bring a pack of numbers with me to mount Saturday night Sunday morning?  Just a lot of new info. and events will be going on in a short amount of time for me.  Any one else got there license this way?  If so let me know what you thought and what you went through getting ready for Saturday and Sunday.  Any help is greatly appriciated.

Jarrod

cornercamping

I didn't do the learning curves school, but they are all pretty much the same.  Chances are, if you graduate school, you'll have to get your race license that day or the next at the track.  This is going to cost you, so bring extra money, ontop of the school, and the races you plan on entering.  Between fees, and tires, you'll quickly start adding up the $ spent especially if you plan on entering a bunch of races.  Usually, it's:

Class time
Track time
Class time
Track time

As far as numbers are concerned, just bring some yellow duct tape, and black duct tape/electrical tape.  You won't know your number until you actually get your race license.  They might tell you what your permanent number is going to be, or they could just assign you a temp. number for the weekend. I wouldn't bother worrying about putting permanent numbers on at the track.  Wait till you get home.
Either way, just take your time, and make sure you pass the school. That's the most important thing. Like I said, i don't know exactly how learn curves school works, but I have done 4 other schools in the past.  They all were pretty much the same thing as far as how it works out from my experiance.  

Good luck !

;D

cornercamping

As far as what you'll learn:

Flags
Rules
Procedures
Riding Habits/Skill
Safety
Equipment  (bike req., ect.)
Passing

and more than you can remember in the short time before your actually on the grid.

Just relax, and find someone willing to "walk you thru" some of the stuff.  There are tons of experianced racers that will gladly give you a hand.  

tzracer

The day usually begins with a track walk. There are usually 4 riding sessons of about 15 minutes. The last session is an exhibition race, its real purpose is to have you go through the start procedure without the pressure of an actual race. There are classroom sessions during the day between riding sessions. We do allow time for things like sign up, tech, lunch, etc.

The main purpose of the school is to teach you proper race procedure and how to behave on a track while racing. We do also cover some riding techniques.

You can get your license after you complete school. Sometimes they will let you purchase it Saturday, but usually you will have to wait until Sunday during registration. You will get your number at that time. They will have a list of available numbers from which you can choose. Have your yellow number plates ready before getting to the track. I have never been to Roebling, but mopst of the time there will be a vendor selling numbers, other wise black tape (1" wide) can suffice for your first weekend.

If you have any other questions feel free to visit our web site or email Rick or myself.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke