News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR Photos June 25-26-27

Started by bbob, June 28, 2004, 03:28:15 PM

bbob

Just a note to say thanks for all the business this past weekend.  We (Branams Photography) set a record shooting over 11,000 keeper images with some people having over 100 shots in their folder.  CD sells were great at the track but I suspect there are many that didn't have time to shop due to the day running late.

So, unlike some of my competitors we will be posting all 11,000+ shots by tomorrow afternoon.  And what the heck.. if you enjoy them by having friends look at them on my hosting site then what the heck.  I had such a successful weekend It will be ok with me.  Quality and good customer service will just keep you guys and gals coming back.

Clay

prov431

Bob,
Why don't you give it a break already. No need to talk trash about us. 11,000 shots. Great. Bambi could shoot turn 4 8 frames per second all weekend long too...and charge double for a CD too. You talk about customer service...yeah right. You care about how much money you can stuff into your greedy ass pockets.
What did you do for the Learning Curves Race School guys?
You tried to charge them $100.00 for a stinking CD on their first race weekend. You called it a 'Special"!
We, on the other hand actually discounted our already LOW priced CD an additional $5.00 since it was their first weekend, to $40.00. That is customer service.
We also had 5 fully sponsored racers out there racing this weekend, and quite a few others that run our stickers to recieve a discount. What do you do for anyone, except rip them off?
Your shots are great, but that's where it stops.
-Your Buddy,
Dan Provenzano

Clay

Hmmm, interesting information.   ???

bbob

You will be able to find your images at
www.branamsphotography.photoreflect.com or
you can go to my website and hit the button that says view your images here and that will take you to your images.  The prices on photoreflect are 18% higher to cover the price they charge to post.  If you would like straight up trackside prices then call me
434-685-2710

But the best way to purchase is the way most did this past weekend.. and that is to step into our cool trailer and take the images home with you.

bbob

All of my shots should be posted in about four more hours.  BTW a good email for me is
bobbranam@earthlink.net

I have tried changing it on the profile but it doesn't seem to work.

bbob

All images are posted branamsphotography.photoreflect.com

That would be 11,294 less the MISC shots that I didn't upload....i.e. shots of other photographers,  etc.

JERRY and JASON will have these also at Road Atlanta this weekend if some of you make it down there.

GAMEDIC

QuoteBob,
Why don't you give it a break already. No need to talk trash about us. 11,000 shots. Great. Bambi could shoot turn 4 8 frames per second all weekend long too...and charge double for a CD too. You talk about customer service...yeah right. You care about how much money you can stuff into your greedy ass pockets.
What did you do for the Learning Curves Race School guys?
You tried to charge them $100.00 for a stinking CD on their first race weekend. You called it a 'Special"!
We, on the other hand actually discounted our already LOW priced CD an additional $5.00 since it was their first weekend, to $40.00. That is customer service.
We also had 5 fully sponsored racers out there racing this weekend, and quite a few others that run our stickers to recieve a discount. What do you do for anyone, except rip them off?
Your shots are great, but that's where it stops.
-Your Buddy,
Dan Provenzano
Well said Dan ... Clay i would not even bother calling him or looking at his web site.. he is an asshole and most of the time to F**king lazy to get out of his golf cart to take a pic and when he does he will shoot 50 shots of you in the same corner same angle and tell you he is giving you a deal. Every other good photographer that is at the track is always HALF what he charges. Not to mention better at shooting.. Bob you stick your damn nose in where it doesn't belong ALL the time and until now i have not said a word on;y because i was working for Vic. well i'm not now an i am happy to inform everyone that looks at this that doesn't already know Bob is a piece of shit and could not care less about us racers only what goes in his pocket. Not to mention the fact he can't shoot for shit. The "good" pics you might see in his trailer are from one of his people that might shoot ok ...but i will bet if you go up to any of them and ask how they lilke working for Bob they will tell you he is an ass... so Bob if you want to go on here and post that you have pic fine..but don't go bashing someone else that takes pics..or anyone for that matter and stay off other peoples threads. Sorry if i offended anyone..but i had to get that out... and Bob your best bet is to not even reply to what i said and piss me off more than you already have...i WILL be at Road A this weekend if you have something to say about what i am saying come talk to me in person... that would make my day ;D

ekraft84

All I have to say is $60-$100 for any CD of pictures is way too high.  Especially for just one bike.  Anyone that pays that is foolish.

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

bbob

At most any given race day there are 3-5 photo vendors.  All with different skills, products, customer service.  There are those that post on the internet to give after race day service.  Each and every rider has the right to view it all,  evaluate the product, and make a purchase if they see fit.  I think anyone that buys a Jaguar is foolish, but it is their money and their decision.  Some people are just not picture people.  They think buying a print or a CD  is foolish regardless of the price.  I can't help that.  All I know is I strive to offer the best product.  It is the same price it was three years ago and a better product than three years ago.  A major tire vendor is not going to lower their price just because a Brand X new tire maker comes to the track selling their product for half price trying to corner the market.  The major tire vendor will wait out and watch the Brand X vendor as his credit source out runs the income.

I really don't think that name calling and bashing will help ones business either.  There may be those that think that is cute or good reading.  But, either way it is not a professional way to conduct oneself.

ekraft84

I've purchased CD's from many vendors (including you) and I haven't seen in a difference in quality worthy of the price difference between vendors (not naming anyone in particular).  And I'm pretty picky about pictures.

We've purchased pictures for years and it's something I still enjoy.  With that said, it's good that there is healthy competition at the track when it comes to purchasing images.  :)

Not directed at anyone in particular:  It's disappointing when purchasing a CD of pictures and having most of them be the same shot in the same turn.  If there was an added value in a higher price, I'd probably pay a little more to have pictures in 5-6 turns, rather than 1-3.  I know it requires more resources, etc etc. .. but as a consumer, that's added value IMO.

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

GregR6

R1KILLER

Little fired up are we, huh greg?? :o

Clay

I trust you Greg, and will take your word.  :)  Sorry Bob, looks like bad business practices might have cost you some business.  *shrug*

GAMEDIC

QuoteLittle fired up are we, huh greg?? :o
Been a long time coming just really didn't want to say something when i was working for another person that takes pics.. and good choice Clay... i will see you in savannah.. unless you are going to come play with the WERA guys this weekend at RD A... you should come down...

Clay

Mmmm...yeah...can't do that.  I've got this whole "my bike is too big and will hurt me as a novice" thing goin' on.  As in, I'm a yellow plate so wera won't let me race the 929.  Don't get me started.   :-X

GAMEDIC

QuoteMmmm...yeah...can't do that.  I've got this whole "my bike is too big and will hurt me as a novice" thing goin' on.  As in, I'm a yellow plate so wera won't let me race the 929.  Don't get me started.   :-X
LOL...oh yeah i forgot.. hey i know the feeling ..i went through that last year also ;D

EDDIE98

QuoteLOL...oh yeah i forgot.. hey i know the feeling ..i went through that last year also ;D

but now you are an expert and can race,  ;D ;D

GAMEDIC

Quotebut now you are an expert and can race,  ;D ;D
lol..i was going to until they started the having to buy your own transponders

bbob

Thanks a lot bikes 319 and 89 for your photoreflect orders tonight.  I suspected even tho we did a ton of business at the track that there must be a few that didn't have the time to come by the trailer.. That is why we are so egar to post on the internet.  

Again,

Thanks