Stupid newbie question

Started by ecumike, January 08, 2002, 07:35:22 AM

ecumike

Bear with me, this year will be my first actual racing year....
I live in North Cacolacki (SE region)... Though I'm from DC and want to do a SP race...
1)  Am I allowed to compete in a race in another region (Mid-Atl.)
2)  If I get points from those races, do they count for my total?

Not that I'm looking to move to expert status quickly or anything... I'll just be happy if I make the finish line.  I'm just trying to figure out my racing options.. I'm ~1h15min from VIR, and my parents house is ~1 hr from SP... both tracks are close enough for me to goto.

MudDawg

Answers:

1.  Yes you can compete in other regions.  
   2.  Your points will count in that region.  But as for yout total for being moved up....I'm not really sure.  You wouldn't want to andbag and stay an amateur forever would you?

FYI.  In my opinion you learn far more as an expert than as an amateur.  Heck, I've even learned to turn left AND right. :-)

ecumike

Yea, I figured that points in other regions don't count toward champion ranking (like a non-conference game).

Sure I'd like to move up to expert someday, I'm just not expecting to do it my first year out...  First I gotta learn how to turn left :)

Maybe Kevin or Mike, or anyone else, can chime in with the technical answer about points from another region's races counting toward a 'promotion' ??