F40 v. F40lw

Started by xseal, June 28, 2004, 10:33:44 AM

xseal

Is it legal to run a F40LW legal bike (like a 125 gp) and "run it up a class" by competing in and taking your points in the F40 class?  

Anyone know?

Protein Filled

To bump up from Formula 40 LW to Formula 40, you would still need to have a supersport legal bike. Kind of like running a 600 in heavyweight supersport. Regardless of it being smaller in size, it still needs to be legal to the rules by being SS legal.

IOW, you could if the bike you were riding was a SS legal SV650, but not on a TZ.

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

xseal

thats what I thought, but I needed a 2d opinion. Thanks,

dylanfan53

This may confuse the issue, but I think the supersport restriction only applies to HW F40.
In LW F40, SS, SB, GP are all legal as I read it. Pease let me know if I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Don
Don Cook
CCS #53

K3 Chris Onwiler

You're right Don, but I think the original question was if a lightweight F40 bike could compete in heavyweight F40.  The answer would be yes, but only if it was a production street bike prepped to supersport rules.  The rules for Heavyweight F40 require supersport trim, so the lightweight bike would need DOT tires, stock displacement, airbox, ect. to be run in the heavyweight F40 class.
In lightweight F40, anything goes as per lightweight  superbike and lightweight GP rules.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

310Lytle

" In lightweight F40, anything goes as per lightweight  superbike and lightweight GP rules."

I could be wrong, but I don't think my TZ
is legal in LWT superbike. I do run GTO and
LWTGP though.

rotoboge

I agree with Kevin Elliot. The F-40 and Lightweights should remain as is; plus, the rule change for next year to accept the HWSB rules, would allow alot more competition in the F-40 class. Keep the 4 cylinder 1000cc in their own class, but they do need more races for these bikes at each event.  ;D

Super_KC124

125's ran in F40 before the split. ;)

Arnziffel

Yeah , I remember that guy ;D

Super_KC124

Took you long enough to reply. Kind of slow, like when your on the track. ;D

Arnziffel

Lets see, when I was on a 125 and you were on a 600 who was faster, was it me, yeah I think it was. ;D  Now I am on a 600 and your on the little bike, who is faster, was it me, yeah I think it was.  ;D

DucOwner23ex

In F40lw SV's can be superbike spec correct?  ???

Clayton

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

DucOwner23ex

Great, I'm racing my SV SBK all season but I'm older than SuperDave aka "TOM"

Clayton

EX#996

Oooo.....   Very nice....

Oh well, our SV will always be the mutt of the pack, we can't afford the purebreds.  At least it's been a faithful thing.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Eric Kelcher

Actually the rules for F40 are back to what they had been pre split and a SB SV would be legal in either LWF40 or F40.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

H-man

Waaaiit a minute!  Those cheesy posters ;) ;D.  The cool Section 8 Superbike stickers on the bodywork.

Is that you Mike?  Are you gonna play in the CCS rounds at Gingerman this year?
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

jarelj

Great, I'm racing my SV SBK all season but I'm older than SuperDave aka "TOM"

Clayton

That thing's hideous Clayton!!  It's not nearly as cool as this one:

Jarel
General Manager
Ducati Omaha / TrackAddix
Ducati Omaha

Super_KC124

QuoteLets see, when I was on a 125 and you were on a 600 who was faster, was it me, yeah I think it was. ;D  Now I am on a 600 and your on the little bike, who is faster, was it me, yeah I think it was.  ;D

??? 1:12's at Gateway on the SV.

Well?

r1owner

Quote??? 1:12's at Gateway on the SV.

Well?

You're running 12's at Gateway on an SV?  :o

oldguy

Hmmmmm. I may have to come out and play with you guys next year.

oldguy

Say, can I ride a Triumph triple 675 in LWF40?
You don't have a F60 class yet do you?  ;D

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.