How is PEANUT?

Started by lil_thorny, June 28, 2004, 07:15:58 AM

lil_thorny

Any news on Ned Brown??

I am very concerned.

Benji.

Peanut

ben,

i'm ok for the most part.  highsided, and felt some pressure and heat in my lower back, so i agreed to go to the hospital.  also it seemed at the time that i broke my hand and wrist and maybe my ribs.

turns out i didn't brake anything, the doc was amazed!  (read the x-rays 3 times to make sure). said i have a "crush" injury to my hand and wrist, bruised ribs, and contusions to my back, hand and wrist. (i have a splint on now.) also my head is pretty sore i assume from landing on it! :)

i'm going to get to a local orthopedic doctor to look again at my x-rays after the swelling goes down, hopefully he won't see anything any differently.  i'm taking some oxycodine, so i'm doing ok on it. ;)

i was told i stopped rolling 50-100 or so yards from the crash and was thrown up pretty high.  never blacked out though.

anyway he was differently looking out for me on this one.  i'll be back quickly i hope.

jp233

Peanut, great to hear you are ok bro I saw the whole thing. I was pitted across from Timmy Rinaldi all weekend, you came by a few times.

coming down the roller coaster, there were a few bikes around you and you just went flying. the highside sent you up in the air a good bit. I saw you land and start tumbling, you went a pretty good way. I thought initially you hit your left shoulder/neck area landing the Superman so I was a bit worried. the bike slid not too far off the track and your bodywork was left just on the outside of the track. someone else went off-track and just barely made it by your bike which was still moving, kept it up and got back on the pavement. I was yelling for the red flag since you didnt move for a few seconds, I thought you might have been out cold. but you started moving around and the cornerworkers made a quick dash over to you. a few seconds later the red flag came out, and the ambulance flag. I saw someone had your leathers in their hand around you after a while, guess they cut em off huh? anyways good to hear you are doing ok.

is the bike in bad shape? they put down a bunch of quick dry stuff and had to sweep the track, so I assume the motor opened up a little bit ?
Tactical Racing #233

r6_philly

hey peanut, sorry to hear that you crashed, and handed on your head. but its a good thing you didnt get knocked out and didn't break anything. lucky bastard...  ;D at least you got some time to recoup, there is kind of a break. Hope to see you well enough to be back out soon.

smoke

I'm sorry to hear u went down....Take your healing up.. don't rush it...  

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet up with u last week. They had me on base in norfolk the whole time I was there. I did get to eat at hot tuna with some firends on thursady night but u figured u had left for VIR already and then I came back to DC

Peanut

QuotePeanut, great to hear you are ok bro I saw the whole thing. I was pitted across from Timmy Rinaldi all weekend, you came by a few times.

coming down the roller coaster, there were a few bikes around you and you just went flying. the highside sent you up in the air a good bit. I saw you land and start tumbling, you went a pretty good way. I thought initially you hit your left shoulder/neck area landing the Superman so I was a bit worried. the bike slid not too far off the track and your bodywork was left just on the outside of the track. someone else went off-track and just barely made it by your bike which was still moving, kept it up and got back on the pavement. I was yelling for the red flag since you didnt move for a few seconds, I thought you might have been out cold. but you started moving around and the cornerworkers made a quick dash over to you. a few seconds later the red flag came out, and the ambulance flag. I saw someone had your leathers in their hand around you after a while, guess they cut em off huh? anyways good to hear you are doing ok.

is the bike in bad shape? they put down a bunch of quick dry stuff and had to sweep the track, so I assume the motor opened up a little bit ?

not sure about the motor yet, i can't unload the trailer, so i have to wait to find out.  they didn't cut them off, we were able to slide them off.

hopefully i didn't shut the track down very long, but with the back injuries lately, i was concerned a bit.    man am i sore today, though.

hec was behind me and said the bike almost hit him, so he was the guy. this one is going to cost a bunch, i just had borrowed his new exhaust!  looks like maybe bent forks, his crushed exhaust, and another subframe cracked in half.  hoepfully the frame is ok.

btw..the cornerworkers were great! :thumbsup:

thanks for the concern.  how did your last races turn out?

HeHateMe

Nut,

Glad you're ok. If you can heal as fast as you race...You'll be back next week :).  BTW I ran into one of your old Skate buddys in ATL a couple weeks ago at RA with NESBA

Morph

lil_thorny

well Ned, the faster we go, the harder we hit...
great news that you will be fine. I myself am hoping to ride this weekend at MAM. Still swollen in the back...but the DOC said that it would be 6-8 weeks B4 it would fully absorb. Hope all else is ok(bike)
and keep me posted.
 Benj.

xseal

What corner?

I highsided in T7, getting on the gas too hard on the apex at the top if the hill, but the lord was looking out for me and somehow I managed to save it, even though when I landed (still holding onto the bars), both legs were on the right side of the bike.

I saw another amateur highside in T17, though, right in front of me.

jp233

well glad the leathers came off the normal way instead of by the scissors. yeah Hector was lucky he was hauling the mail throuhg the grass I bet his pucker factor was pretty high going down the hill in the grass. ouch sounds like the bike is crunchy though. yeah the track was closed for a while but no worries, at least it wasnt a warmup lap or first lap incident. the amount of red flags on sunday was ridiculous.... Sportbike drove me nuts

my races? I got crushed in the USGPRU 250. there were some big dogs out there, I was sliding the front in 2, 3, 4, 16, 17 and I rode like a fag. rear felt no good exiting 1 or exit of 7. a little skerred, but a highside is something to be feared i guess. had gas puking out of my ghetto gas cap, smeared all on my windshield. all in all I ran my best times of the weekend, thats because when Chuck Sorensen came by me I threw an invisbile lasso around him and he pulled me around for a lap :)
Tactical Racing #233

GregR6

Nut, Great to hear you're ok. That was scary. Your bike is NOT in good shape, but looks to be fixable. again...hope the frame is good.
Of course I didn't see it happen...I was slow as hell all weekend as ya know. came up on you about 8 seconds later, but it looked scary.
Heal up quick buddy.  ;)
Good job this weekend.

gixxerfever

Peanut,
this is Gian Bojanovich, 575, Timmy Rinaldi's team mate, we were very concerned about your highside, Josh told us about it right before we left, heal up bro, also Timmy sends his best.