News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

radio frequency?

Started by wera331, October 02, 2002, 11:57:15 AM

wera331

Iwas told to go buy a walkie talkie and I could listen to corner workers so I did and I havn't found anything yet, do I need a certain type .W hat chanel should it pick-up?

LauraCole

Each track and set of radios has a different frequency.  I do not have them all listed, although that would be a nice thing to have.  When you get to your next race, just ask anyone with a radio and if they don't know - they should be able to ask someone who does know.

Eric Kelcher

you don't want a regular walkie-talkie they are CB channels.
The race frequencies are different and alot of time vary within a region as sometimes there is interfernce and so different channels must be used.
Best bet if you want to hear is with a scanner. when you start to hear race stuff then you can lock those channels into memory on the better units.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

the_weggie_man

This is too simple  people. When you get to each track how about just asking race control for the frequency??

Woofentino Pugrossi

Just buy a scanner from radio shack. $50-$200 depending on how many bells and whistles you want with it. I think BHF's is around 151.***

Adn dont get something that you can transmit with. We really dont need spectator chatter while cornerworking. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod