News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Paul Farrell Memorial - Roebling July '04

Started by TrophyGal, June 23, 2004, 06:19:19 AM

TrophyGal

The 2nd Annual Paul Farrell Memorial race weekend will happen at Roebling Road Raceway July 24-25, 2004.

For "newbies" out there, Paul Farrell was our Southeast Race Director for several years, having progressed from corner worker and then into other areas of CCS Staff.  He died on July 26, 2002, at the young age of 36 ... and is still missed by everyone at CCS.

This year, like last, we'll be taking up collections to support the injured riders fund of the Wegman Fund, one of Paul's pet orgs.  The funds collected will be sent to the Wegman Fund from the SouthEast Region racers, crew & friends.  We'd like to surpass last year's contributions which were $750  :o

We will also award a special trophy in Paul's name to the winner of the Amateur Middleweight SuperSport class on Sunday - since Paul was an avid supporter of new racers, and this has always been the biggest class of Amateurs.

In addition, some of Paul's family members will be in attendance!

the_weggie_man

Thanks again for keeping us in mind for the Paul Farrell Memorial weekend. Your continued support is truly appreciated. I wish you all well and hope you have a great event.

I will ask Dave Doe, a Wegman board member and Learning Curves Racing School instuctor who now lives in North Carolina if he will be available to attend the event.

TrophyGal

Yes, I think Dave Doe is coming as an instructor, at least according to Rick Breuer at Learning Curves.

Brenda, Paul's sister, and Roberta Farrell, his mother, will be coming on Saturday too, so that'll work out great!

the_weggie_man

I talked to Dave today and he will be there. I'm sending him two boxes of Wegman shirts, some stickers and information on the Wegman Fund.

If he doesn't have a shirt in your size, please contact me and we will ship one to you.

TrophyGal

We'll have a large jug at Registration to hold the collections.

Heard from Paul's sister, Brenda.  Several of Paul's neighbors are also coming on Saturday too.  Some of the visitors have never been to a motorcycle race, so I hope all the racers make them feel welcome!