Faster Times at HPT

Started by Chuck, June 21, 2004, 09:21:46 AM

Chuck

Was everyone going alot faster this time around at HPT?  I didn't know if it was my set up, experience, or track conditions/changes that made me so much faster.  I dropped 8 seconds off my best.  I know Johnny Moore dropped almost 6 or better.  Was everyone faster?  What do you atribute it to?  Warmer Weather?  Combination of everything?

I know Amatures can hack alot more time than Experts do to the experts being closer to the edge of traction etc...  But I think I saw alot of experts going considerably faster there also.

OmniGLH

Moore was cooking this weekend... something has most DEFINITELY clicked with him since I last raced against him at BHF a few months ago.  Good for him!

I had never been there before, so I don't know what has changed.  I was pretty consistent 1:36s, with a few 1:35.7's thrown in.  Started to get the bike dialed in, but wound up going the wrong way with it at first (oops!) so I lost some "positive" track time.  I'm pretty sure I hit on a good idea to try for Sunday (hoping to get down into the high 34s) but the rain and crummy weather scared me away.  With DanO's still-injured wrist, and VIR next weekend, we decided to call it quits, pack it up and leave around noon.  No reason to risk crashing at a bumpy slick track in the rain.  Was nice getting home at 1am instead of our originally-planned 8am.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

tigerblade

I'm sure I went faster, but then again I couldn't have gotten much slower!   ;D

I was having fun in LWSS yesterday until we got cut short by the oil.  At least I was keeping Fox in sight this time.  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

boo181

yeah you looked like you were hallin' ass this weekend chuck. that was my first trip to hpt. really like the track layout, hate the surface. is that a road corse or an mx track?

Chuck

lol no kidding...it takes some suspension work to get around that track, but once you get dialed in it's not that bad.  Thanks for the comment Bobby I worked my butt off last weekend for 2 5ths, 2 4ths, and a 3rd.  :'(

Hopefully I can make it up at MAM.

So does Johnny Moore race Midwest, and Great Plains?  

pnther15

Chuck, you're not scared of Johnny are you?  Just kidding, you definatly were railing out there....  What kind of times are you putting down at MAM?  

Dave
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

Xian_13

I think the crash truck had better lap times then me  :-/

One more bad weekend and I am outtie  :-[

13x
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

pnther15

don't tell me you crashed the new bike???  Did you check out that shock I told you about?

Dave
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

Xian_13

Quotedon't tell me you crashed the new bike???  Did you check out that shock I told you about?

Dave

No, never got the bike going fast enough to crash it...
Hell, the bike never made it to redline in 2nd gear  :P

And thanx for reminding me about the shock... ;D

13x
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteOne more bad weekend and I am outtie  :-[
13x
You can't quit, X.  I won't allow it.  Don't forget, I know where you live.
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Chuck

I was running fairly consistant 38s by the end of the weekend.  Thanks Dave!

Xian you can't quit, I need a coffee sponsor!

tigerblade

QuoteNo, never got the bike going fast enough to crash it...
Hell, the bike never made it to redline in 2nd gear  :P

13x

Good to meet you Xian.  Sorry to hear you had a crappy weekend.   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...