Roebling & Barber - twin sprint AND double points?

Started by jp233, June 21, 2004, 05:53:10 AM

jp233

the original yearly schedule says that the following Mid-Atlantic events are twin sprints:

Roebling 24-25 July
Barber 14-15 Aug

but the article on the CCS official site, about the cancellation of the Summit Shenendoah round, says that "The July cancellation puts even more emphasis on the CCS Roebling Road event scheduled for July 24-25 and Barber Motorsports August 14-15 which also includes the Formula USA series, both are double point paying rounds for the Mid-Atlantic region of CCS."

so are both those events double points AND twin sprints? thats a lot of points up for grabs...
Tactical Racing #233

Eric Kelcher

I think the comment had more to do with the fact that there are twice as many points available on those weekends so they were very important in the search for a championship. Not that each race paid double points but the weekend offered up 130 points max for each class over the two races, IE each race only pays regular points (65,60,...) but there are two chances to win 65 points.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

smoke

Eric
 When will a event sched be posted soon?

smoke

On twin sprints weekends do they always combine the AM & EX?

With this Baber being a FUSA weekend and a lot if not all the FUSA guys run in the ccs ex events will the EX and AM races be combined still?   I hope not since there will be a lot of MA AMs such as myself makeing there first ever trip to baber. Yeah we all know to hold your line  and stuff but the speed disparity between AMs learning and on a new track and the FUSA ex might be an issue.  
Just my thoughts

M

ecumike

I think they usually split up the races if there's too many people don't they?  (at least I remember that from last year.)

smoke

After all there will be 3 regions ( GP, MA, & SE ) there plus the FUSA guys.

ecumike

Yea.. actually.. don't be surprised if the races get shortened. There's gonna be A LOT of people there.

jp233

ok so its just a twin sprints weekend (regular points), not truly "double points",....

yeah what i meant is if it were dbl points + the twin sprints, there would be 130 + 130 for the weekend. thats a crapload of points...

thanks Eric
Tactical Racing #233

r6_philly

how busy was it last year? I didn't go. There are what, 40 regulars in the FUSA? I don't think there will be a lot more people than usual.

By the way, do a team challenge, you will learn about speed disparity real quick!

ecumike

It was pretty busy... but it wasn't a FUSA weekend, and it was still 'new'. Remember, it's 3 regions weekend + FUSA + USGPRU.