News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Barber twin sprint?

Started by eh427, June 18, 2004, 07:01:03 PM

eh427

Barber is listed as a twin sprint event. How is that formatted? Do you run one set of races on one day and the same the following day? What about registration fees?
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

wera331

look at the event list for barber on the ccs web site. It looks like same events two days in a row.

Dawn

QuoteBarber is listed as a twin sprint event. How is that formatted? Do you run one set of races on one day and the same the following day?

Yes

QuoteWhat about registration fees?

Here you get a bit of a discount over a single day event.  After the first two classes you register for (unless they are money classes) the fee is $35.00

Dawn   :)

ecumike

However, it's FUSA weekend also, so it'll be a little different.

CCSRACER123CCS

How does the FUSA weekend work? CCs on Saturday and FUSA on Sunday? Can anyone race FUSA or is there qualifying?

ecumike

normally, CCS & TC races on Fri, CCS race & FUSA qual on Sat, FUSA races on Sun.

Check the rulebook for official rules..

http://www.formulausa.com/forms/rulebook2004.pdf

"2.3 FORMULA USA AGE REQUIREMENT - Entrants must be at least 16 years of age. Applicants below the age of majority in
their home state must provide a notarized statement of permission from a legal parent or guardian.
2.4 FORMULA USA LICENSE REQUIREMENT – All riders participating in Formula USA qualifying or racing must have a valid
Formula USA Road Racing license. Riders must carry an Expert Formula USA Road Racing license to qualify for Sportbike,
Superbike or Unlimited GP. Riders must have a current Expert or Amateur Formula USA Road Racing license to qualify for
Thunderbike competition. Riders must have a current Expert or Amateur CCS or Formula USA Road Racing license to qualify
for Team Challenge competition. Formula USA reserves the right to refuse any competitor a competition license.
2.4.1 Licenses from the following organizations are acceptable as proof of experience: AMA Professional, AFM,
AHRMA, ASM, CMA, CRA, CMRA, FIM, Formula USA, USGPRU, HRRC, LRRS, MRA, OMRRA, RACE, RPM,
SMRA, WERA, WMRRA, & WSMC."

eh427

Does anyone know if there will be a track day the Thursday before Barber?
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

TrophyGal

An open practice day IS listed on the Barber web site.  Have no idea about cost, though.  You'll want to call the track and ask.  (Post it here if and when you find out so others will know.)

The official website address is: http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

smoke

racers====$130 + camping fee
cornerspeed school===$385 + camping ;D ;D I gota take the school to learn the track    :-/

ecumike

Smoke.. it's an easy track. Real easy.

rubberducky

I would do the trackday, but I dont think the school is all that neccesary. It will probably take a little bit to get up to speed on the blind corners. They are fun as hell though!

Where do I find the layout for the weekend. I looked at the schedule but it doesnt say anything.
Also I am only running this one event with ccs since Im doing wera and I cannot find the info on race prices, license price, and all that fun stuff. I went to the forms and such but I cant seem to get it to pull up. Hell, I even went to the new riders packet, but it also would not pull up. Could anyone help me out here? Im not an idiot,(most of the time) and I know I found it when I was racing ccs but for some reason I cant find any info.

Eric Kelcher

The forms you are looking for are all Adobe PDF files so check the version of Adobe Acrobat reader you may need a new version.

Prices
License
$110 full season sliding scale then $75 7/1, $35 9/1 or 25 for single event
70/50/35 for non purse classes
70 for purse classes
100 for FUSA
175 for TC

Schedule will be something like this based on previous history

Fri Practice till 2 then TC
Sat GTO and GTL race then Superbike/GP races, FUSA Qualifying, Supersport races
Sun GTU races then Supersport races FUSA races then Superbike/GP races

There are two of all the CCS races except GT races
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ecumike

Eric, I don't think that's right.. check again.. it's twin sprint.  Won't it be more like:

Fri - some GTs and ALL CCS races & TC
Sat - Other GTs and ALL CCS races & FUSA Qual.
Sun - All FUSA races

rubberducky

thanks, I appreciate the info! Are there any price cuts for pre entry? I heard that it is supposed to be pretty packed, and if you dont pre enter you might have a problem getting in. Never actually incountered this problem, but this is what I heard.

bricef4

Don't mean to get anybody upset, but I just called the ccs office listed on top of the schedule of events form and the girl there told me the ccs sprint races were cancelled for barber.  Don't shoot the messenger :P, thats what she told me.

tigerblade

QuoteDon't mean to get anybody upset, but I just called the ccs office listed on top of the schedule of events form and the girl there told me the ccs sprint races were cancelled for barber.  Don't shoot the messenger :P, thats what she told me.

WHAT?!   ??? :-/ >:(
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

ecumike

How could they be cancelled? and WHY? that doesn't make any sense. Just a FUSA weekend? never heard of that.

That can't be right.

tigerblade

Well it is gone from the GP schedule on the CCS site now.  It's listed for the Mid-Atlantic, SouthEast, and Southern regions in addition to F-USA.   So what gives?   ???
Younger Oil Racing

Dawn

Eric Kelcher

The race is still on as we were talking about it today at VIR as far as rooms and who was working.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ecumike

Ah Eric, didn't know you were/would be at VIR.  Will have to come say hi and meet you to put a face to a name.  
Or find me, right in the middle of the paddock, next to the big black HD trailer.  

tigerblade

QuoteThe race is still on as we were talking about it today at VIR as far as rooms and who was working.

Eric,

Is is still on the Great Plains schedule?  It was listed earlier this year but doesn't appear to be according to the CCS main site now.

Thanks

Younger Oil Racing

Super_KC124

Looks like it's on, just not on the Great Plains schedule. :)

tigerblade

I wanted to go this year, but not if it's literally "pointless".   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

ecumike

Guys.. Barber is still on. It's just NOT a twin sprint weekend anymore. It's a normal CCS/FUSA weekend.  They announced it today at VIR

Super_KC124

QuoteGuys.. Barber is still on. It's just NOT a twin sprint weekend anymore. It's a normal CCS/FUSA weekend.  They announced it today at VIR

For the Great Plains region? ???

speedster_1

QuoteGuys.. Barber is still on. It's just NOT a twin sprint weekend anymore. It's a normal CCS/FUSA weekend.  They announced it today at VIR

Yep.  They also stated Summit was cancelled.

CCS243

Only the July Summit has been cancelled.

Barber format changed to schedule similar to this past weekend at VIR.

http://www.formulausa.com/shows/pdf/Barber%20FUSA%20%20SCHEDULE.pdf

Double points for  MidAtlantic, Southeast and Southern Regions.  

Plus Team Challenge, F-USA, USGPRU and ...... SRA running the sidecars!!

wera331

so are the ccs races friday and sat?and was it said that it is the same format as vir this past weekend?

speedster_1

QuoteDouble points for  MidAtlantic, Southeast and Southern Regions.  

;D

...confirmed?   ???

ecumike

Quoteso are the ccs races friday and sat?and was it said that it is the same format as vir this past weekend?
Lt wt. - look above your post.

gethighracewear

Is Barber a twin sprint or not? I just printed the schedule and it looks like a regular FUSA weekend. I am just trying to figure which races to pre-enter for.

smoke

hooter31

spoke wiyh kevin elliot.it is a regular weekend with double points