RIP
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

cornercamping

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

cornercamping

Lowe119

Sounds like the "evil doers" are finding out something that REALLY affects us. Car bombing must not be graphic or personal enough for us.  >:(

K3 Chris Onwiler

What really stunned me is that Mr. Johnson bears a great resemblance to Carston, the head of the Road America Safety crew and a good friend to many of us.  Seeing the face of a friend on an Iraqi prisoner who was beheaded makes it much more personal.  I know it shouldn't. but it does.
I'll bet our troops are shooting anyone who so much as looks sideways at them...  God, I hope corner worker Phil Bresnahan will be OK.  We've been buds since High School.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Baltobuell

I was all for the war, still am, but DAMN I wish the lawyers and the media would sit this one out. Our guys seem handcuffed and can't work effectively for surrender. Don't blow up the weapons at the mosk, don't hurt the guy that was just shooting at you. A war is never over till the enemy says it is. The way it's going it will never be and too many of our guys are falling. They will surely show theirself all over the world and right here in the USA again and again. I'm dreading the olympics. Sorry to be such a downer, and I feel for Mr. Johnson and his family. But we'd better get used to things like this.

cornercamping

What really gets me, is how everyone keeps trading lives off as a "lesson" to someone else.

What the hell are they trying to prove? If there only intention is getting somewhere by threatening fear, I say nuke the living s@it out of every single one of them, and anyone willing to help them. Fear shouldn't be a negotiation tool.  Not for us, or anyone else. Terrorism, as a way of life is not acceptable, flat out.  Anyone that contributes to terrorism, in any way, should be killed on site.  That's all there is to it IMHO.  

I'm wondering if in 10 years if I'm going to have to apologize to my children for bringing them into this world  :-/

Super_KC124

Why are we over there, again? :-X

cornercamping

QuoteWhy are we over there, again? :-X

Call the White House and ask them, cause it seems to me that their the only one's that can answer that one  ::) :-/ :-X

Super Dave

I'll answer...

Why?

It isn't because of land.  It isn't because of oil.  

We're dealing with people that kill anyone that doesn't agree with their thoughts on their views.

So, they don't care who they kill.  They justify it.  

Your a young guy working on cell towers in Iraqi to help the communications system there.  Abducted, beheaded.

You're a journalist in Pakistan.  Abducted, beheaded.

You're a mechanic in Saudi Arabia...not to mention that you've been part of the local community for over ten years...  

Abducted, beheaded.

I feel no pity for what will befall someone that has such personal intensity to take the time to CUT through the layers of flesh, nerves, thorax, bone, and all to make their point.  

Their ideology has no foundation in morality, be it Jewish, Islam, Christian, or otherwise.  

As Tony Blair said, "There is no meeting of the minds..."

This is something that has to be stopped.

My kids are 6 and 8.

When I took my son to school and then the Twin Towers happened...

So, what will his life look like in the future?

I grew up in a real ground zero area...Cold War.

I lived in Omaha, Nebraska...and Offut Air Force Base was ground zero.  The National Emergency Airborn Command Post was based there...that's the President's plane.  Looking Glass was in the air 24 hours a day for some forty years...If "we" were hit, rest assured, "the glass" would launch the missles.

I knew that I would probably be baked in an instant.

I planned a military career.  I knew that I would probably end up in Germany or someplace.  Chemical Weapons?  They had them, and they trained with them.  

We won that war with Reagan's forsight to outspend them.

You can't do that with these people.

How do you think Mr Johnson's son feels?

Do you think these terrorist's mom's actually approve of this?

In Iraq, some of the people that help us, the US and other coalition forces, have their family members killed and the bodies are torn apart.

Those people recognize the difference that they make...they keep helping.

Is it so hard to think of the world we really live in as someplace that would be worth fighting for?  

Reality?  Shopping mall bombings.  It could happen.
Super Dave

Super_KC124

Sorry. I thought Mr. Johnson was in Iraq. I didn't read the whole story until after my post. :-[  I agree with the war againt terrorism and Al-Queda. I don't agree with the war on Iraq. I don't think "links to terrorist activities" are grounds for an all out war. And we allready know the deal on the "WMD's" ::)