News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

F4i air box...

Started by ChaP, June 11, 2004, 09:02:14 PM

ChaP

Hey guys,

I have an 03' F4i, I also have a K&N air filter for it.  I have tried taking the tank cover off, but there seems to be a lot of wires and stuff attached to it.  I just simply want to swap out the stock air filter with the K&N one.  What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

stumpy

I think the only wiring should be a harness that can be removed by unclipping it. Then there are about 8 phillips screws that you have to remove. That should be it.

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

ChaP

Thanks Stumpy for the tip.

Will let you know how it went.

Thanks,
Patrick

ChaP

Stumpy,

I promised to let you know how it went.  It took a little more time, but I got to swap the air filter for a K&N one.  Now the question will be, is it worth the time and money to have the bike dyno'd and remapped?  Since I have a aftermarket air filter and a slip on muffler, I wonder if it's worth it?

I always hear about people getting PCIII's, so they can remap the fuel system whenever they want to.

Anyways, thanks for the advise and tip.

Later,
Patrick

Bernie

Sir Chapalot-

Save your money for something worthwhile like buying some tracktime.  Your scooter has plenty of power right now.  You could get some quality tracktime with the cash you'd spend getting zero return goofing around with a PCIII.  ;)

Love-
Bernstein ;D