News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Sorry, gonna have to bash CCS here

Started by WebCrush, June 01, 2004, 09:52:55 AM

WebCrush

Yesterday at Summit, during the riders meeting it was very clearly stated that if it began to rain, races would be shortened by 4 laps each.

We go out in the rain and get told on the hot grid that we're doing the full 20.  Every rider I spoke with heard what was AGREED upon--if wet, back four laps.

I spoke with the officials AFTER the race and they deny ever stating that.

The fact that riders are also DQ'd because they forgot to swap a transponder from one bike to another.

C'mon guys, as another top racer said to me this weekend--why is it when CCS screws up (ie loses an entry, etc) we have to suck it up, but if WE screw up WE still take the brunt.

Its for reasons like THIS that CCS and FUSA aren't taken serious.  

smoke

A lot of other stuff took place.  
Like a whole race being screwed up. White flag was shown to display the last lap but riders were black flaged to get off the track.  The chkered flag was never seen. half the riders say they only saw the white flag and the other half say they saw the checkerd flag but no white flag.  CCS told every one that u can not protest a flag. ( sounds  :-X) I will look in the rule book tonight.

There were at least 30 riders that had preentered for races but their forms were no where to be found. :-[  Then it was on the rider to show the proof that he had preenterd and CCS took the money. After proof was provided the grid position did not change  >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:(

On the other hand all of the race calls were great!!!!!!!!
 ;D

WebCrush

ya, i got meatballed (supposedly) in F/USA Superbike.  I never saw it, when I'm doing 100+ mph in the rain I'm looking ahead of me, likely at the tach as well, not at some tower 30 feet up.

I got docked a full lap.

The calls were good, but only if you were in a place where you can actually here them.  

If anything sucks more than CCS, its Summit Point as a whole.

smoke

Quoteya, i got meatballed (supposedly) in F/USA Superbike.  I never saw it, when I'm doing 100+ mph in the rain I'm looking ahead of me, likely at the tach as well, not at some tower 30 feet up.

I got docked a full lap.

The calls were good, but only if you were in a place where you can actually here them.  

If anything sucks more than CCS, its Summit Point as a whole.

During your race ( whole race) I was near pit out and I never saw a flag.

As far as the Summit point sucking thing goes (1. in the rain YESSSSSSSS!!!!   Man I saved thank god two highsides in race 2 yesterday.  2. to each his own; u did get stuck in a crapy pit location too.  3. What if we add a big ol oak tree in a turn for u to see (LOL) ;D

Jeff

QuoteIf anything sucks more than CCS, its Summit Point as a whole.

You mis-spelled "Hole".  

Welcome to West-by-God-Virginia...  Dude, I lived on that road for 3 years and within 10 miles, there are people living without electricity or running water, and they DON'T know these things exist!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

WebCrush

oh, don't get me wrong, this isn't my first trip to Scummit.

I went 4-5 times last year and swore that the only time I'd come back would be for the national.

Well, the national came and went--I now can relax knowing I never have to go back until next year (assuming they have a national again in that dump).

Anyone every notice how the tire walls as Summit have RIMS in them?

OmniGLH

Scummit?

Huh.  I didn't think the place was so bad.  Facilities are cleaner than Blackhawk.  I thought the track layout was pretty kickarse, I was having a blast on it.  I look forward to going back there...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

PJ721

yup I like Summit also....been going there for over 8 years as a spectator/pit crew for my brother-in-law..started racing last year....and never have I noticed any rims in the tire wall...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Jeff

Did they ever repave it?  

They used to have HUGE holes in the track that they painted around and at one point, they put cones in them so you didn't fall in...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

arlingtonrider

QuoteDid they ever repave it?  

They used to have HUGE holes in the track that they painted around and at one point, they put cones in them so you didn't fall in...

Are you talking about Pocono or Summit?

Summit has not been like that for years.

Pocono I heard the same complaints, but that was last year.

Jeff

Summit...  Guess things have changed since I left in 00.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

arlingtonrider

Hey Jef4ry - do you have the Ike/Stu pix up from Barber last year yet?

I heard that after they came out in RRW it was ok to post them...do you have them back up on your site?

That photographer wanted to kill me....sorry about that again.