Sorry, gonna have to bash CCS here

Started by WebCrush, June 01, 2004, 09:52:55 AM

Nate R

Maybe those holes are now where the concrete is in 1 and 5?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Roach

QuoteMaybe those holes are now where the concrete is in 1 and 5?

The concrete pads in T1,T5, and T6 is there to keep the cars from pushing the pavement up. They've always been there, and remain there even with the full track repaving that happened at the end of '00.

The only "hole" I can remember before the paving was all the way at the edge at the exit of T9, which they kept patching up. There was a large depresion at the outside of T6, but everyone knew it was there and avoided it.

The sealer they put in T6 this year is a disaster, IMHO, but other than that ... the track is faster than ever. Matt Wait cut 14.8's on an R6 at last year's FUSA event, and guys were in the 15's this weekend on 600's.

- Roach

castle228

Quoteya, i got meatballed (supposedly) in F/USA Superbike.  I never saw it, when I'm doing 100+ mph in the rain I'm looking ahead of me, likely at the tach as well, not at some tower 30 feet up.

I got docked a full lap.

The calls were good, but only if you were in a place where you can actually here them.  

If anything sucks more than CCS, its Summit Point as a whole.

Right.....blame the track for not seeing the meatball.  ::)

I've never seen RIMS in ANY tire stacks at Summit, and believe me....I've spent alot of time around and IN those tire stacks. What I have seen though.....cry-baby racers.  :o

C'mon Adam, your animosity should be directed towards the sanctioning body, not the track. However, I do agree there are some "challenging" parts to Summit, especially for bikes.

Disclaimer: My opinions DO NOT reflect those of Mid-Atlantic Roadracing Club. TYVM.
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

WebCrush

I'm not making this up.  Along the right side after turn 3 there are tires with rims in them, I did a track walk and walked right up to them.

As for the meatball, I don't know why they stick the flagger way up in a tower as opposed to trackside like every other venue.

Regardless, Summit still sux, always has. Ugh

fourandsix

I have only been to Summit twice, Once was for a NASB race in 1998 and once was for a FUSA race in 2002. The one thing i remember is how great the safety crew was.When i first arrived a bunch of locals told me and the riders how slippery the track was and we better hope it didn't rain. Well it did rain on friday night but we ran anyway on Saturday and the riders loved it.The time we were there for The FUSA round the races were rained out on Sunday.The track layout is great , the locals are great , we had a great time.I am amazed how everyone whines about they way they are Treated by CCS. That is the one constant you can count on when going to anytrack, you will get screwed over one way or another. Like someone said , if CCS makes a mistake , it never happened or the tell you to quit complaining. You screw up and it's like the inquisition.Why not stand up where it counts when dealing with them. Don't show up for a race or two.Let them lose some money and the Corporate attitude will change.

wvracer97

A couple of things to add:  1) For what it's worth I think Summit is an awesome track-- the imperfections in the surface make for challenging racing and really test a riders skill to overcome difficult conditions-- hell, I did it on a totally stock bike and still got three top tens ;D  2) As far as CCS goes... I was REALLY upset that they lost my pre-entry to start, then two of the races I was in got protested and I lost a fifth place and got knocked down to 11th in one of those.  After that point three racers that were scored ahead of me in that race came to my pit and said they were definitely behind me.  How does THAT happen with electronic scoring >:(  To CCS's credit they were nice about the pre entry thing, but I still had to go home and dig up proof that I overnighted a pre-entry to them.  That sucked, and I was still gridded in the second waves ???  I guess my beef witht he protests are that electronic scoring should be the error proof method over manual scoring, not the other way around!  It was all frustrating at best, and all the drama took away from the fun I was trying to have.  But hey, I still came away from the weekend with a new sponsor so I can finally get some suspension and exhaust on my sewing machine ;D ;D ;D ;D  Can't be all bad, could it???

spyderchick

Quote... But hey, I still came away from the weekend with a new sponsor so I can finally get some suspension and exhaust on my sewing machine ;D ;D ;D ;D  Can't be all bad, could it???

Dude, I haven't needed an exhaust on my sewing machine in almost a century!  ;) ;D

They have these fancified electric ones now...you should try it! :o :D ;D

Seriously, congrats on the sponsorship. Don't forget to keep them up to date regularly. They love that!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

wvracer97

Thanks Spydee ;)  I look forward to doing that from the winners circle one day 8) ;D  The cool thing is that they are totally excited about being a part of roadracing as a whole... which is what our sport needs!!  Good for everyone!!

cstem

Web, the rims are there to keep the local from getting their Camaro's off the cinder blocks :o- Just kidding.  As far as the flagger way in the air,  you need to address this with the race director at the event.  If you and others can prove that it is not working, it should be changed if safe and possible. We had a similar problem at Vegas with the starter being hard to see, we corrected it on the spot aftera few riders suggested it was a problem (notice I did not say complain- three year olds complain, adults bring a concern and possilbe solution).  Having not been to Summit yet, I can't comment on the track condition,  but I remember when the AMA raced in a parking lot in Pomona.  Not every track can be grippy glass.
The voice of the Southwest.

Peanut

I think you guys do alot of complaining.  The entry issues, yes complain, that shouldn't happen.  On the other hand have you heard of this happening before?  If so did you check with them before getting to the track if they got your entry?  I'm not making excuses but as I was standing in line I was thinking that I should have done that myself.  I will from here on that's for sure.  

OK, but why complain about the track, the way it rides in the rain, and all the other little stuff especially since you knew that before going?

It's slippery, deal with it or don't ride.  It has bumps, deal with it or don't ride.  The bathrooms suck after 2-3 days, deal with it or don't come.  

FWIW, my weekend wasn't that great, did marginal in my races and crashed Monday in the rain and had to sit out the FUSA races which was the reason for going in the 1st place.  But my choice to ride even though I suck in the rain, not th track's fault but my own.  I actually learned quite a bit, maybe the most info I've gotten out of a race weekend inspite of hitting the ground.

Web,

Come on, yes the FUSA timing board and where they showed the meatball flags were in a strange place but it had been there all weekend and you had to see it.

That is your issue not CCS/FUSA's.  

Anyway time to go hose off the bike and inventory parts I need to fix the damn thing.  VIR is coming....:)

Eddie#200

QuoteAnyone every notice how the tire walls as Summit have RIMS in them?

I saw that too!   :o   What is up with that?

buffy