News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Moto GP Predictions- Gran Premio Cinzano D' Italia

Started by cornercamping, May 31, 2004, 07:54:48 PM

cornercamping

Of course, I'm going to say Rossi takes the win, BUT... Ducati is going to give everyone a run for their money.  I'm sure Ducati Corse doesn't want to lose this one, being near home, where I'm sure Ducati VP's will be present to view the races.  Bayliss maybe  ???

cornercamping

TZDeSioux

cornercamping

Bah.. that's the last one I think will win.  I think Capriossi has a better chance, considering he's gonna have to put on a show infront of Ducati VP's or he may be riding an Aprilia next season  ::)

cornercamping

QuoteYou're retarded.

and your point is...... :P

TZDeSioux

Quoteand your point is...... :P

no point... i just don't like it when people don't agree with me that Biaggi is a pimp.  :P

cornercamping

Quoteno point... i just don't like it when people don't agree with me that Biaggi is a pimp. Ê:P

Rossi is Biaggi's daddy  ;D :P

tigerblade

QuoteBah.. that's the last one I think will win.  I think Capriossi has a better chance, considering he's gonna have to put on a show infront of Ducati VP's or he may be riding an Aprilia next season  ::)

Biaggi is the LAST one you think could win?  Capirossi will win it?  Have you WATCHED any MotoGP this year?    :P
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

QuoteRossi is Biaggi's daddy  ;D :P

not true. Biaggi's daddy runs a clothing store and doesn't ride in the MotoGP Championship for Yamaha.

TZDeSioux

QuoteBiaggi is the LAST one you think could win?  Capirossi will win it?  Have you WATCHED any MotoGP this year?    :P

That's why I told him he's retarded.  ;)

TZDeSioux

I've been smoke free for 3 weeks now. Instead i'm eating toothpicks now.

cornercamping

QuoteBiaggi is the LAST one you think could win? ÊCapirossi will win it? ÊHave you WATCHED any MotoGP this year? Ê Ê:P

Think about the political aspects of Ducati Corse being at home.  They gotta step up to the plate for this round.  They have no choice.  I have not only watch MotoGP, but I have the entire last 2 seasons sitting here, plus this one on a hard drive. If you think that Ducati Corse is going to just sit around and let someone walk away with the podium, you got another thing coming.  Ducati is gonna work their ass off for this one.  Capirossi is the best chance they have at a podium, and they need it.  Especially with the CEO sitting in the pits watcing this round.  

cornercamping

QuoteI've been smoke free for 3 weeks now. Instead i'm eating toothpicks now.

;D I can't quit.  I've tried.  People are gonna die if I try to quit  :P  I have a low tolerance level for stupidty ;D

Protein Filled

Quote I have a low tolerance level for stupidty ;D

Boy, you must have lots of inner turmoil!  ;D I am sure Ducati will try as hard as they can, but I am not sure they will be able to pull the win... Honda has won at Mugello for the last 10 years, so it's either a Honda or Rossi.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

cornercamping

QuoteBoy, you must have lots of inner turmoil! Ê;D

Ain't it ironic  ;D :P  Ducati or Rossi, no if and's or but's about that one.  Then, next year, when Rossi drops Yammie and jumps to Ducati, Ducati will have a championship   ;D  Ya know, I think Rossi is gonna ride every bike out there, win a championship on everyone, just to prove it's not the bike.  He'll end his career on an Aprilia  :P ;D  That's the ultimate way to go out.  

cornercamping

Read this:

http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/news_info/news_info_12052_1.htm?menu=home

To quote:

"Meanwhile, Loris Capirossi would like nothing more than to join Rossi and Biaggi in a repeat of last yearÕs all-Italian podium and score his first top three finish of the season. Ducati have this week revealed that they will do everything in their power to give Capirossi and his team-mate Troy Bayliss a chance of glory, bringing from their nearby Borgo Panigale headquarters an extra pair of the 2003 machines with which they enjoyed so much success last season to offer their riders as an alternative to their struggling 2004 prototypes.

World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson has been riding the Ducati Desmosedici GP3 all season and is set to do so again this weekend after recovering sufficiently from two broken ribs, sustained in a first lap crash at Le Mans three weeks ago. HodgsonÕs British compatriot Shane Byrne is also set to ride after missing out in France due to a hand injury whilst John Hopkins, who crashed and broke his thumb as a result of HodgsonÕs fall, should also be fit."

diesel748

Sete or Max will win this one!!!
I love Ducati- but I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell to win.
I also heard that Max B shaved his goatee evan thinner to save weight.

cornercamping

So, Ducati is gonna bring out the big guns from last year, instead of struggling on that turd Desmodici.  They shoulda' done this earlier, and gave up on that no frame piece of sh@t.   Not that I wouldn't love to have one, but it's proven itself as a turd vs. all the other bikes.   ;D

cornercamping

QuoteI also heard that Max B shaved his goatee evan thinner to save weight.

You sure he shaved it, or Rossi shaved it for him  ???  ;D :P

Again, Rossi is Biaggi's daddy  ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteBoy, you must have lots of inner turmoil!

;D ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteYou sure he shaved it, or Rossi shaved it for him  ???  ;D :P

Again, Rossi is Biaggi's daddy  ;)

well i'm your daddy and i'm telling you to cut it out fo I have to spank yo ass son!

cornercamping

Quotewell i'm your daddy and i'm telling you to cut it out fo I have to spank yo ass son!

::)  Listen here doc.. you been hittin the lidocane drawer this mornin'  ??? :P

tigerblade

QuoteThink about the political aspects of Ducati Corse being at home.  They gotta step up to the plate for this round.  They have no choice.  I have not only watch MotoGP, but I have the entire last 2 seasons sitting here, plus this one on a hard drive. If you think that Ducati Corse is going to just sit around and let someone walk away with the podium, you got another thing coming.  Ducati is gonna work their ass off for this one.  Capirossi is the best chance they have at a podium, and they need it.  Especially with the CEO sitting in the pits watcing this round.  

In other words they've been coasting so far this year but now they're gonna try really hard?  
Younger Oil Racing

cornercamping

QuoteIn other words they've been coasting so far this year but now they're gonna try really hard? Ê

Nah, I think that they just realized that this years Desomdici isn't what they thought it would be, so their bringing out last years bike and are gonna take everyone to school.  That's my guess, but we'll see.  I'd hate to be a factory rider, and then look like a worthless moron infront of the CEO of my sponsor, especially at my home track.

Protein Filled

Last year's bike would not compete well this year unless they did lots of motor improvements. They may handle a bit better than the 04, but they need lots more power. That may be part of the reason why they are struggling.

Remember that at Welkom, the 2004 bikes were an average of 15 MPH faster at the end of the straights than last year and the winning time at the end of the race was over 30 seconds faster than 2003.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

cornercamping

Yeah, but since they are doing this, you gotta figure they must have done something to those bikes to make them competitive.  Who knows, they may just have a bottle of NOS under the seat  :P ;D

tigerblade

You can't go backwards or you're going to get left behind in a hurry.  Going back to last year's bike only works for Frankie Chili.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

cornercamping

QuoteYou can't go backwards or you're going to get left behind in a hurry. ÊGoing back to last year's bike only works for Frankie Chili. Ê ;D

You never know what those nutcases in the Corse dept. have brewing ;)

roadracer67

My guess is going to be Sete, but I have a feeling it will be a race between Max and Rossi with Rossi taking the win. What a better venue to show the dominance of Rossi!

cornercamping

QuoteMy guess is going to be Sete, but I have a feeling it will be a race between Max and Rossi with Rossi taking the win. What a better venue to show the dominance of Rossi!

Yeah, then Rossi can show the CEO of Ducati who da man is... so that way Rossi can get a multmillion $ contract from them too, and ride a Duc next season  :P ;D

TZDeSioux

Rossi has a 2 year contract with Yamaha. He will be riding a Yamaha next year you freaking clown!

cornercamping

QuoteRossi has a 2 year contract with Yamaha. He will be riding a Yamaha next year you freaking clown!

Bah.. he could get out of that contract pretty quick. I think Ducati could buy him out..

and I knew he had a 2 year.  I read all about it on the MGP site when he signed it.  ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteBah.. he could get out of that contract pretty quick. I think Ducati could buy him out..

and I knew he had a 2 year.  I read all about it on the MGP site when he signed it.  ;)

Yamaha is not stupid enough to let Rossi out of this contract and besides... Ducati can't afford Rossi

diesel748

there is no way Rossi takes a pay cut to go to Ducati!! he is stuck on the Yamaha for at least another year and a half.
True Dat Rev.

tigerblade

QuoteYamaha is not stupid enough to let Rossi out of this contract and besides... Ducati can't afford Rossi

Ditto on both points.  And Rossi seems to be very happy where he is.
Younger Oil Racing

Peanut

QuoteSete or Max will win this one!!!

Yup, I'm with ya.  Oh and Nicky or Colin completes the podium with Rossi 4th again.

You heard it here first....;)

tigerblade

Don't forget Biaggi got Respol sponsorship since the last round.  He just might be getting level 1 HRC now, which he didn't have in the past.
Younger Oil Racing

Protein Filled

And after the first qualifier the results are:

1 Gibernau
2 Rossi
3 Biaggi
4 Melandri
5 Checa

Damn, 3 Yammie's out of the top 5! Reminds me of the early 90's!

and the first Ducati:

10 Capirossi (2 seconds slower than Sete)

I guess there goes that "Ducati is putting it all on the line to win" theory! Then again, qualifiying means nothing right...

tigerblade

Qualifying doesn't always mean much but 2 seconds is a little bit of time to find, isn't it?   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

tigerblade

Capirossi didn't exactly set the world on fire, did he?   :P ;D

1. Valentino Rossi
2. Sete Gibernau
3. Max Biaggi
4. Troy Bayliss
5. Ruben Xaus
6. Alex Barros
7. Norick Abe
8. Loris Capirossi
9. Marco Melandri
10. Shane Byrne

Have to admit, the Ducati guys sure took advantage of the restart and pushed themselves up front in the beginning.  Salvaged some results they wouldn't have had if not for the rain.  
Younger Oil Racing

diesel748

the re-start helped the Duc teams Rueben & Troy rode their colective butts off but the machine is out classed. Sete, Max & Valentino are so much better than everybody else. You might have a fluke top three finish by another rider but the consistancy is definately those three.

Protein Filled

Hey, I called it. Rossi or a Honda...Not like it was hard to figure that out... ;D

I was impressed with the Duc's on the restart though! I thought Xaus may run away there for a second, until I saw Rossi reel him in from 5 bikes back in two corners.

tigerblade

I was just waiting for Xaus to bin it and take a couple others with him.  
Younger Oil Racing