News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Zemke.....(spoiler)

Started by castle228, May 23, 2004, 02:48:10 PM

castle228

What's his deal? His last two finishes...both second place....and combined the difference between he and 1st wasn't even a half-second. I kinda feel bad for the guy. Still has yet to pull a 1st place......

Why can't he hold it out? Physical endurance? Can't handle the pressure of someone on his ass? Not mature enough of a racer?

Opinions welcome.  ;D
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

cornercamping

QuoteWhy can't he hold it out? Physical endurance? Can't handle the pressure of someone on his ass? Not mature enough of a racer?

Opinions welcome. Ê;D

Tires, first of all. Then, all of the above.  Notice the smoke clouds coming out of every turn... that's cause he uses Dunlop.  Bostrom's Michelin's not only lasted, but probably could've went another 10 laps without showing the wear of the Dunlop's.   Hell, Mladin came in for a tire change with 9 left.  What's that tell you about Dunlops at that track  ;)

stumpy

Yes those Michelins sure did hold up didn't they! I was hoping for my man Jake though.

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Clay

The guy just can't catch a break!!!!  Have you noticed his points though?  If he pulls it together he might have a championship!  

Seriously though, no one could have touched Eboz today.  The guy just rode one helluva race.  I hope he can start pulling them all together like that.  It'd be nice to see Zemke get up there and win it though!  I'm rootin' for him, have been for years.  :D

cornercamping

QuoteÊHave you noticed his points though? ÊIf he pulls it together he might have a championship! Ê
 Ê:D

Yeah, all those second places add up in points don't they  ;)  I'm sure, that he'll be on the podium right behind Mladin... in 2nd place, but hey, he's getting use to it.  :P I'm sure he can blame his first place podium finish points loss to lappers at the end of the season too  ::)

stumpy

Ya I like that comment Jason Disalvo said about lapping accually racing for 20th place! What does he think those "lappers" pay all that money, bust there butt to qualify and then hang out in the pits and look cool. I wish I was that guy in 20th place!!! Jason went to my 7th favorite to my 8th!
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Ohfugit

I think Jakes sliding it around style is rougher on the tires then some of the smoother guys.

I don't think his coming in 2nd was from lack of trying or his physical conditioning.

He'll get up on top soon.

tigerblade

Give 'ol Jay Zee a break!  All the Honda guys seem to be having clutch issues off the start.  Zemke left Ben and Miguel far behind.  Eric was riding very well and Zemke still was with him most of the race.  He was pushing the front from about the halfway point.  He'll get there...
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Gixxer124

Way to go EBoz! The King of Pikes Peak. As for Jason Desalvo, I took his coments as being a positive thing about the whole race experience. He was commenting about what a great race it was as everybody from 1st to 20th were battling for position.

251am

Jake was way out from BBoz and the Fox, on a satellite bike. RA will see team RED fill the podium. Any wagers out there. Ducs vs. Team Wings? :o

cornercamping

QuoteJake was way out from BBoz and the Fox, on a satellite bike. RA will see team RED fill the podium. Any wagers out there. Ducs vs. Team Wings? :o

I"ll wager on that one, but not with the Duc on the podium, but it won't all be the Wings.  My prediction

Mladin
Zemke
Yates

Yes, Yates.   I think Yates will take third and battle Duhamel for 3rd, but the Suzuki will pull on him and Yates will late brake the hell out of every corner.
Let's say, a six pack  ::)

tigerblade

QuoteJake was way out from BBoz and the Fox, on a satellite bike.  

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's not a satellite bike this year even though it's under the Erion colors.  It's a full factory Honda.  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...