99 Yamaha R1 valve clearance

Started by chris_chops, May 12, 2004, 06:36:51 AM

chris_chops

What are the specs for 99 R1 valve clearance,  intake and exhaust?

Thanks

Woofentino Pugrossi

YEar and model of bike would help. I doubt my 97 YZF750RJ's specs are teh same as a 01 R6.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

chris_chops

QuoteYEar and model of bike would help. I doubt my 97 YZF750RJ's specs are teh same as a 01 R6.
Yes, yes, my coffee is around here somewhere.  That's a 99 R1 I'm looking for!

Protein Filled

What are you doing Matt? Don't tell me you are thinking of racing an R1? Or are you just working on one?

BTW, I have a set of flatslides for an R1 if interested. I would sell them to you for a price you could not pass up!

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Protein Filled

Oh, and here is a link to a service manual for a 2000. Not 100% sure if they are the same, but should be similar..

http://dsr.racer.net/docs/yamaha_yzfr1_00_service_manual.pdf

It says that intake is .11 to .20 mm and exhaust is .21 to .25 mm
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

chris_chops

Thanks Edgar.
Nice racing last weekend homeboy.  I think Desu said he is going to be beating you soon.  Don't let this happen.  His head will swell out of his helmet and it won't work anymore!  I'm just working on this R1, but I might be going Jap soon.....................

Protein Filled

Thanks. The weekend turned out pretty good after getting the thing to handle. I still need to improve though. I am dying to go at it with Ed Key like you did at Mid-A. Seeing you ride that Ducati so hard into the corners was really cool!

Tell Desu that he is going to have to break down and turn expert first... Hard to catch me from the second wave. You think after 9 years as a novice he would want to bump up and start riding with the big boys. Also, I don't think it's physically possible for his head can get any bigger. Have you seen the size of that noggin of his?

;D