Married?  I need help.  Quick....

Started by cornercamping, April 30, 2004, 06:51:47 AM

cornercamping

I have a problem.   I'm getting married June 5th.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that my fiance' doesn't want me to go near a racetrack until after the wedding/honeymoon.  This according to her is a non-negotiable issue.    ::)  Anyways, I understand where she's coming from, but I wanna race  :'(  She, unfortunately doesn't want to hear about it.   I figured it out, and if I do as she wants me to, and not go near the race track until after we get back from the honeymoon, I won't be going near a track until the beginning of July  :o :(   What do I do?  How do I convince her to let me go racing  ???  She's seen me crash before, so I can't play the "I won't crash" card.  :-/   Need help.  Gotta find a way to do trackdays/race this year before half the years overwith for me.  I have a race this weekend at Nelsons, and a Grattan trackday the following weekend.    :'(   HELP  :-/ She won't "let" me go to either.    :'(

BERZERKER

why ruin  a perfectly good relationship by getting married? J/K ;D ;D
" ..roadracing motorcycles maked heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty..." P.E

cornercamping

Quotewhy ruin Êa perfectly good relationship by getting married? J/K ;D ;D

;D  That's what my brother said

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tigerblade

I was on crutches from a street crash (deer) when I got married.  It got a good laugh when they got to the "in sickness and in health" part.   :P

If she just wants you healthy for the wedding, that's one thing.  If she's wanting you to give it up for good, that's probably a problem.

BTW, I'm no longer married but not because of motorcycles.  Should have known it wouldn't last when our ringbearer told us on the way down the aisle "I hope you don't get divorced!"   ::) ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

251am

A. If you are not allowed to race before the wedding, what are the odds it will be an issue after?
B. How long have you been together with your machines?
C. Has she been to the track with you and seen first hand how important it is to you?

Tell her that May 8-9th you're going rock climbing in Devil's Lake with some Wisconsin friends, come to BHF, and race. If you crash it was just an incident on the rock. ;D
    That's a tough one. Do you want humor or serious advice? Heard the one about Jack Niclaus's wife. She was on Johnny Carson one night.....  

EX#996

Reschedule your wedding for at least six weeks after the last race date.  It should give you plenty of time to heal.    ;D

Why do you think Paul and I were married in the fall?

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

cornercamping

QuoteI was on crutches from a street crash (deer) when I got married. ÊIt got a good laugh when they got to the "in sickness and in health" part. Ê :P

If she just wants you healthy for the wedding, that's one thing. ÊIf she's wanting you to give it up for good, that's probably a problem.

BTW, I'm no longer married but not because of motorcycles. ÊShould have known it wouldn't last when our ringbearer told us on the way down the aisle "I hope you don't get divorced!" Ê ::) ;D

LOL... nah, she doesn't care if I race as long as it's after the wedding.  She just doesn't want me near the track before the wedding.    :-/  I tried telling her that I would go "as slow as possible"  ::) , but that didn't cut it either.  She's got her mom and sister on her side, so I'm kinda fighting a lost battle unless I can come up with a hell of a idea or excuse... thus... I'm asking you guys, the experts  ;D

cornercamping

QuoteA. If you are not allowed to race before the wedding, what are the odds it will be an issue after?
B. How long have you been together with your machines?
C. Has she been to the track with you and seen first hand how important it is to you?

Ê ÊTell her that May 8-9th you're going rock climbing in Devil's Lake with some Wisconsin friends, come to BHF, and race. If you crash it was just an incident on the rock. ;D
 Ê ÊThat's a tough one. Do you want humor or serious advice? Heard the one about Jack Niclaus's wife. She was on Johnny Carson one night..... Ê

A: After is not a problem.  She knows that the only way I'll give up motorcycles in any way is in a coffin.

B: 9 years with machines.  2.5 years with her.

C: Yeah, she saw me highside at Grattan.  She also followed the ambulance to the fine medical facilities in Grand Rapids, MI  ;D

Rock climbing  ??? You crazy  ???  That's dangerous.  Plus, I'm scared of heights  ;)

cornercamping

QuoteReschedule your wedding for at least six weeks after the last race date. ÊIt should give you plenty of time to heal. Ê Ê;D

Why do you think Paul and I were married in the fall?

Dawn Ê :)

Yeah, I tried that arguement over a year ago, but she wasn't having it.  She wanted to get married in June.   All this crap is costing me alot of tires   :(  I could've paid for 5 seasons worth of racing with what this wedding has cost me.  This is where the reception is at: //www.roostertail.com   I can't change anything.  I said Vegas, she said nope.    >:(

StumpysWife

Everything is negotiable.  You just have to figure out what it's worth to you.

Also, let's put this in perspective.  We're talking a little over a month here.  By the time you stop bickering about it, the wedding will be here.  

As I like to say almost constantly, choose your battles.

Heather

cornercamping

QuoteEverything is negotiable. ÊYou just have to figure out what it's worth to you.

I've tried:

1. Ending my riding season at the end of the race season instead of attending southern track days in Nov., and Dec.  Didn't work.

2. Trading a trip to Disney World on her B-Day (Aug.) to race.

3. Going only to races before the wedding instead of trackdays and racing.

None of the above has worked.  She doesn't want me on two wheels at all before the wedding.  i don't ride on the street.  Too dangerous   ;D  She says not negotiable.   No riding before the wedding.  >:(