News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How to (not) paint a motorcycle

Started by MadXX, April 19, 2004, 08:29:57 PM

MadXX

Dave. I know Todd Gillette and was going to do that but he has been busy with family lately and didnt want to bother him.   That's a good idea with the clear.  I will remember that one.

MadXX

nocents.  I dont have a comp # yet. I am doing the licence school on friday and racing saturday. (have a funeral sunday so I cant race that day)  Be sure to wave as you pass me on saturday  8)

MadXX

Jeff, thanks for the tips.  I had the respirator but didnt know that it didnt work well for the clear coat.  The funny thing is I was fine after spraying the clear but when I caught a whiff of the base coat thinner I got an instant headache.

EM JAY

Quotenocents.  I dont have a comp # yet. I am doing the licence school on friday and racing saturday. (have a funeral sunday so I cant race that day)  Be sure to wave as you pass me on saturday  8)

Don't sell yourself too short, I may be the one getting passed! (hopefully not tho!)  I'll be there on Friday-Sunday.  
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

MadXX

edumike, I though that was it but couldnt pin it down.  I started the pressure at 42 like I had with the base coat but quickly lowered it to 32 and it still fogged. I think it might have been because I had both a hardner and a flex additive in there making the mixture thinner than normal.   It does look nice now that its hard.  

If I sand it down and buff it it would look really nice but that wont be until after this weekend.  I still need to change the oil and coolant out and get everything else ready.

cb186

for masking the edges of your # plates and color to color borders, buy a roll of 1/4" fine line tape. that it what it is made for. then overlay that with your masking tape. also, buy a roll of the paper that is made for masking off, it wont leak through onto your paint underneath.
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

Bernie

QuoteA couple other hot tips...

You forgot to mention to never, ever, no matter what, DON'T kick your tool box. ;D

Super Dave

Or punch your ramp door with your throttle/brake hand.... :-X
Super Dave

EM JAY

....or use a kerosene heater while painting in a closed garage.....caught myself ALMOST doing this one just in time!!   ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake