Hey 10bomb

Started by Thingy, April 17, 2004, 05:52:29 PM

Thingy

I reveived my lap timer yesterday!  That thing is sweet!  I did not know that it was going to be so much nicer than my old mychron timer.  Now I am itching to get out on the track after such a long break.  I am so bummed that  my first race on a 1000 won't be at Road A.  :'(  

Thanks for taking care of me so quickly.   :)   See you at BHF.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Bernie

What kind did you get?   I've got a mychron that is smarter than I am and I hate it.

Thingy

I just got the base model.  Looks very similar to the Mychron Lite, which is the one that I referred to.  The reason that I was impressed with the XT was becasue it has aluminum casings instead of plastic, a bigger, higher resolution screen, etc.  I know what you mean about the Mychron, I always had a hard time just clearing my lap times!

The XT tracks air temperature, has a very easy menu system, records date, time, and track that you were at.  Not only does it tell you the lap time of each lap, but can identify different sessions.  You can also set it to automatically turn on when it passes the beacon if you forget to turn it on before you go out.  I won't mention that it costs less than a Mychron Lite...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Bernie

QuoteI know what you mean about the Mychron, I always had a hard time just clearing my lap times!

I still have no clue how to do that.  Sounds like the XT is the way to go.

Thingy

QuoteI still have no clue how to do that.  Sounds like the XT is the way to go.

If I remember correctly, you hit the left button until it says CLEAR DATA, then hit the button to the right of it, then hit the button to the right of that.  Something like that... ???
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

EM JAY

10bomb takes good care of me also, got my XT lap timer from him also, never used one before but can't wait to try it out.  Very quick on the delivery also.   ;)
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

speedster_1

Quote 10bomb takes good care of me also, got my XT lap timer from him also, never used one before but can't wait to try it out.  Very quick on the delivery also.   ;)

+1

Me too!  

10bomb

Hey, Thanks Guys!!!  Glad I could help.  Yeah, the XT is nice and easy to use.  I used mine for the first time this weekend at Blackhawk....worked perfectly.  It sure is nice to know lap times right away while you're still on the bike.  It's funny how sometimes you think you had a good lap (because you're trying really hard) and it turns out to be a second slower than what you anticipated.  Then you "cruise" smoothly for a lap and it turns out to be a second faster than you thought.  In just one track day I learned a lot about what really makes a faster lap time, versus what just makes you work harder.