News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Done wasting time

Started by tzracer, April 16, 2004, 09:15:18 PM

tigerblade

QuoteTigerblade, TZracer, and any other 03 SV riders: Interested in a Tank that's not so high, but still has plenty of fuel for a GT race? And I DON'T mean a crashed one, but one that is just made shorter.  ::)

Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?  Wouldn't be legal for supersport would it?
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Jeff

QuoteFront fender? Fenders have weight (unsprung) and can make a bike run hotter. TZs run as much as 10C (18F) cooler without the fender. I don't plan on using one.

It may be the vicodin talking (I'll post my idiocy in a minute), but are you joking here?

I thought a front fender was required...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

Brian, that is one sweet looking bike.  I am MOST envious!!!

I thought a front fender HELPED direct airflow (in addition to aid in keeping junk out of the radiator)?  

I don't think they're mandatory.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Nate R

tigerblade: it would be SS legal. No reason you can't change tanks.

Seriously, have you ridden the bike on the track yet? Do you think the tank is high? Uncomfortably high?

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TZDeSioux

That is one cool looking subframe!

tigerblade

QuoteSeriously, have you ridden the bike on the track yet? Do you think the tank is high? Uncomfortably high?

That depends; are you going to pay me to agree with you?   ;D

I'm 6'-6' 1".  I don't have problems with bikes being too big for me.   ;)

Always open to new things though...
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Nate R

LOL!

I'm looking at making a fiberglass tank that's shorter. Wouldn't be horribly expensive as I don't need to make a ton of $/hr to make it worth my while since I'm a poor college student. Also can get materials at bulk costs since I work for a place that makes carbon and glass bodywork.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

tzracer

No weight yet, will try to weigh it this weekend.

Not sure if the tank will be a problem. It may look tall because of the lower bars and fairing. I amy be interested in a tank, but probably not until late this year, early next year ($$$).

No, fenders are not required by the rules. Haven't had a fender on my TZ since around 1995. Fenders seem to be made more for looks than for working properly (airflow) at racing speeds. I have left the mounts for now and may do some testing on Thursday if time permits. Besides cooling, the fender adds to unsprung weight, a little can make a significant difference. Aluminum damping rods were good for about a 0.4 pound reduction in unsprung weight.

I designed and manufactured the subframe myself. It makes the seat height a little tall (combined with the wide RC51 seat), but I set it up more for my seating position. It is about 7 pounds lighter than stock.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke