News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

FUSA AIR MODULES SET RECORD

Started by Dan_Lance, September 13, 2002, 09:02:47 AM

Dan_Lance

I sent this out to my Flag Services members and thought since FUSA/CCS is a partner in this historic safty initiative you all might like to see it first hand too. Best of luck and see you all at Daytona.

I get to Daytona for FUSA, Monday the week of the event. I am setting up 20 of my Alpina Safety System barriers along with FUSA's. It will be a historic new record for quantity and level of safety provided at Daytona. 40 safety barriers minimum. Thanks to Daytona Speedway for their assistance in my efforts there.

At Atlanta for the WERA GNF, I have put together a 60 air module event, another record for level of safety at Road Atlanta. The previous record was 50 barriers set last year with mutual cooperation provided by WERA, the American Motorcycle Association, Alpina Safety Systems of Austria and Flag Services.

This year due everyone's schedules it has been difficult to put together the most comprehensive safety effort of my career. Today John Ulrich and Roadracing Worlds Action Fund went the final mile to make this all possible. Mutual dedication and cooperation from all of the following organizations, AMA, Clear Channel Comm., Alpina Safety Systems of Austria, and Flag Services will take track safety to a significantly higher standard. Hugh Flemming of the AMA, Kernneth Abbott of Clear Channel Communications and Daniel Lance of Flag Services will coordinate all safety barrier installations and maintainence during both premier events.in the finals of WERA and FUSA's road race series.

As many of you know, I have been active in rider safety issues for many years. This historic success in 2002's final events for new record air module installations for the 2002 racing season is still falling far short of my goals for American and Canadian road racing safety and program development. Continued support of the Action Fund and honest vocalizations regarding safety improvements that lead to forum discussions by sanctioning bodies, racers and safety officials are primary factors in our ability to further safety in North America.

During this 2 event marathon, Daniel Lance of  Flag Services will be reconditioning any and all safety barriers brought to the 2 events by North American safety barrier owners. Training of any interested groups or individuals in soft barrier technology and barrier maintenence will also be provided in conjunction with the RoadRacing World Action Funds soft barrier educational program. John Ulrich has the info on that and I plan to give a full effort in this educational effort by the non profit Action Fund. Implimentation and schedule for this program will be announced for the 2003 season soon.

The final bottom line and the only way this will be successfull is if volunteers (lots) and I repeat "Volunteers",  support this effort to make a real difference.  Be there for helping with the setting up and removal of the air modules at both events if at all possible.  This will show me I am not alone in my efforts to improve safety and I can assure you also that this won't work if assistance is not given for setup and removal. I will be availabe at 603-571-5935 cell to give setup time and meeting place as soon as I have it, in reality late next week.

I am also using this as the official Flag Services press release.  Look for it on Roadracingworld.com and on a bulletin board near you. I am in California now for the Sacremento Mile. I will be the one with the moustache and Alpina shirt. Don't miss an opportunity to be a part of  these events. Training in soft barrier technology, care and maintenance of soft barriers at the practical level in North America is not offered to the public by anyone but Flag Services and Daniel Lance of Alpina Safety Systems of Austria.

It's all about the safety.

Daniel Lance
217 Steele Hill Rd.
Sanbornton,NH 03269