VIR April 8-11 - Important Info!

Started by TrophyGal, March 25, 2004, 11:04:50 AM

ecumike

QuoteFrom 5:30pm on Thursday up through 7:00pm Saturday.

So are you saying that the gates close @7p, and if we're inside the gates we can't get out? (like Roebling)

GAMEDIC

That is not true..i just got off the phone with VIR and the gates WILL be open 24 hours starting thursday

B-MAC

Well then I don't know what I am going to do..... Could someone from CCS or wherever, let me know if I can get in at about 10pm. I am not trying to be a prick but I won't be too happy about making a 4 hour trip to camp at the gate!!!!

GAMEDIC

QuoteWell then I don't know what I am going to do..... Could someone from CCS or wherever, let me know if I can get in at about 10pm. I am not trying to be a prick but I won't be too happy about making a 4 hour trip to camp at the gate!!!!
What i posted came from VIR ...not CCS ..and they said the gates would open thursday and be open 24 hours for the rest of the weekend ... think about it anyway.. the banquet starts at 6...do you really think they would close the gates at 7 and noone could get out?.. i talked to the track and that is what they said

B-MAC

Alright......lets make a deal :D

If I can't get in.....you give me a 5gal jug for my troubles :P

JK- I will roll with it

pmoravek

I don't know this, I am speculating..but probably what is going to happen is this.
You will probably be able to get in IF you already have your wristband because there wil PROBABLY be VIR personnel at the gate all nite.
BUT.....
There will PROBABLY only be CCS personnel at the gate until 7pm to sell wristbands.
So...my guess is that if you have already bought a wristband you'll be able to come and go as you please but if you haven't purchased your wristband already you will be spending the night in that ever-so-popular camping spot next to the gate in the gravel.

Can anyone from CCS confirm or deny this?

GAMEDIC

QuoteI don't know this, I am speculating..but probably what is going to happen is this.
You will probably be able to get in IF you already have your wristband because there wil PROBABLY be VIR personnel at the gate all nite.
BUT.....
There will PROBABLY only be CCS personnel at the gate until 7pm to sell wristbands.
So...my guess is that if you have already bought a wristband you'll be able to come and go as you please but if you haven't purchased your wristband already you will be spending the night in that ever-so-popular camping spot next to the gate in the gravel.

Can anyone from CCS confirm or deny this?

That may be true .. i didn't ask that..i only asked if the gates would be open.. but i do know last year i came in at like 2am and was able to get in with no problem

TrophyGal

As it now stands, Pete's right.

Gate will be OPEN all the time.  Armband sales will stop at 7pm on Sat. and reopen at 6am Sun. ... I still have some hope that will change.

B-MAC

I don't quite understand the logic here. Does CCS not want any more customers to come in Saturday night?? There has got to be a way around this.. If there is going to be people at the gate to check armbands, why can't they collect my $ and give me one? Can't CCS pay them in addition to what they are getting paid by security to allow people in?

I would really like to come to VIR this weekend but not if I have to sit at the gate all night.

I am sure that I am not the only one with the same situation, am I?

I think every time I have been to VIR, I was checked in by their people not CCS people or was I confused by their VIR shirts and vehicles??

TrophyGal

I did it! - Found somebody to work Saturday Night.  So, don't worry about it.  I'll change the top page again.

Sorry for false alarm!  And I didn't mean to cause problems.  Just trying to be up front with everybody.

We do outfit the armband sellers with shirts, but they're all locals hired just for the event - some are off-duty VIR security guards. The "on-duty" guards are no longer allowed to do it (insurance reasons I'm sure).

B-MAC

Thanks Jeanne, since I won't be there until late, can you please hold on to my awards from last year? I have some for SE and MA, thanks

Brian McClain

I did not mean to sound like a prick about this but it just didn't make sense to me :-/

TrophyGal

QuoteThanks Jeanne, since I won't be there until late, can you please hold on to my awards from last year? I have some for SE and MA, thanks

I ought to hold them for ransom ... usually we ask for a speech since your name will be announced and applause given by a room full of people.  Too bad you can't be there!

Come see us in registration to pick them up.