Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

Super_KC124

Because you have to race the regionals not to start on the back row! ;)

spyderchick

QuoteJust do some track days, and do 1 weekend at homestead and then just do the ROC there, win and be called a national champion.
quote]
It has been done.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

GregR6

Mike... what exactly are you agreeing with? The last 5 posts (or so) from Super Dave are vs. the "whining". (which has what to do with the rest of your post  ???)I don't know what YOUR reason for racing regionals is/would be, but first you have to look at how CCS is setup (which you already know, but are asking as if you don't). It's not the best setup IMO, considering you COULD do exactly what you said and be considered a 'national champion'. But given the current way CCS runs their series, a meaningful goal for the year (IMO) would be to win your respective regional championship in xxx class(es), then show up at ROC to go for the national champ.
Dave's been giving his personal opinion/thoughts vs other's opinions/thoughts on the move of the ROC...so what exactly are you saying by stating you agree with him?

I guess we could start regressing to the arguement about how the ROC is set up in the first place. Make it a championship round for all regions, much like it's the opening round for all regions. Highest points after the last race (regardless of location) wins the nat champ. just like AMA. tie? refer to highest P.I.

r6_philly

QuoteFor those that had committed to the FUSA series....

This is one of the reasons why motorcycle racing is so lame...committments by some riders and teams is rather loose.  Until it is taken with some seriousness, how could you expect support and sponsorship to flow into the series?

I don't, I have more and more insight everyday I am involved in the industry. I am giving up on that. I will just support myself and try to get support and sponsorship to flow into my program other than the series. It is not going to happen as it.

Loose? I think the whole show is rather loose. The schedule thing about Topeka (which I have nothing of interest to say), the fact that I learn about the relocation of ROC on squid messageboards first, and 1000 other reasons. Everything is rather loose. So it seems that nothing is very serious in this thing except how serious we are about racing.

and I finally figured out, I am just serious about racing and riding and bettering myself. I am not serious about racing with any organization. I can become a better rider without racing.

And until someone take my opinions and my voice seriously (obviously it is not right now, even by you and most others) I am not going to take anything too seriously either. Commit to a series? There are about 10 different things that CCS/FUSA told me that will happen last year that is not happening. Until they commit to their customers, I don't see how I can commit to them.

Why is there a point fund for Team Owners now? I wanted to register and they told me there won't be a fund. Now there is. And it is too late to get the number I wanted?

I wanted to offer a contingency program and I heard once from CCS/FUSA and no one answered to my replies?

I wanted to see if I can joint effort into promoting the racing series and my own program and no one ever reply to me?

I wanted to have our licensing school offer vouchers to race entries so people will come and race CCS instead of WERA after they finish the class and get the license cert, and no one writes me back.

come on, who's taking who seriously? please enlighten me

ecumike

QuoteMike... what exactly are you agreeing with? The last 5 posts (or so) from Super Dave are vs. the "whining".

yes, I'm just agreeing about the whining. Maybe I read some of the posts wrong, but my first thoughts and what some of the posts sounded like were, "The ROC's too far, and since I'm not going, maybe I just won't race as much or try as hard this year." As Dave said.. almost sounds like a cop-out as in this post...

Quote....But sacking a full season because of the loss of Daytona?  I'd say that they needed a reason not to do their whole series.  Afterall, not everyone competes in the whole season anyway.

QuoteIt's not the best setup IMO, considering you COULD do exactly what you said and be considered a 'national champion'.

I totally agree!

QuoteBut given the current way CCS runs their series, a meaningful goal for the year (IMO) would be to win your respective regional championship in xxx class(es), then show up at ROC to go for the national champ.

I agree also. Yea, I guess that everyone has their reasons for racing. I'm just kinda rambling and thinking out loud. :) I just think winning 1 race for a championship is kinda silly and 'hollow'. However that may be too strong of a word. I'd rather say I beat the same people over and over at 5 different tracks, than say I beat these guys 1 time at 1 track, and at a 'HP' track at that. And no, I've never been to Daytona, and no, I'll probably never win a CCS National Championship.

I don't know, just think it's kinda silly that people are already giving up on the season, just b/c the ROC moved to a different track and knowing they're not going to it. But as I said, everyone has their reasons for racing.

GAMEDIC

QuoteRoad Atlanta sounds like an even playing field, but could the riders support the $
what do you mean? I'm sure that Daytona is LOTS more to rent than RD A

GregR6

Cool Mike... :)
 I think in the end we will all just agree to disagree, because we all have different goals and/or reasons for racing where..when..why...whatever. But, we all love racing, right?
The best thing for me this year would be some consistency from CCS since I've already devoted nearly 2k (all said and done) for Daytona. So far, it seems like that consistency is there, and will be for the rest of the season. The ROC stuff isn't a big deal really, but it doesn't affect my goals/reasons-to-race like it may some others.

It'd be nice to do the Road A(tlanta) thing, but CCS will do what they gotta do... I still like Stu's comments... ;D

Bad_Matt

I made the trip last year to Daytona.  Neat track.  had fun-  Four days out, four days there, three days home.  I am not too interested in doing that ever again.  If this club is going to continue to hold the championship race in Florida every year, it will not be respective of all the distant regions.  Move it to a new location each year.

My votes for this year-

Las Vegas-  Speedway course.  Not run by any region.  more centrally located, and the room rates are a bit better than Daytona during Biketober (what do you mean they are racing on the track) fest.  

Laguna Seca-  Great road course.  Not run by any region.  Tough to get by the noise restrictions.  Worht the time and effort if we could get it.

Infineon (Sear's Point)-  run by the AFM, newly paved-  weather is still good in October.  Not run by the CCS affiliates.

Texas Motor Speedway-  Centrally located, but, I hear "them boys in Texas is fast".  They would have home turf and kick "all-yalls"  asses.  

Road Atlanta-  Too bad the Gravity Cavity is gone.  

No vote for Homstaed-  why on earth would I want to add to my trip from the west Coast to head there?

WERA west is looking more and more apealing to me for next season.

Super Dave

Historically, WERA's GNF has always been held at Road Atlanta.

Historically, CCS's ROC has always been held at Daytona International Speedway.

These things might never change.

Have either of them at a different track?

Laguna...small track.  Honestly, how many on the board have raced there?  I have, and I use Blackhawk gearing there.

Sears is small too.

Vegas, haven't been there, but I will have after the FUSA race.

Honestly, as I've stated over and over on posts for a couple of years now, there are few tracks that can support the volume of riders that should be attending such an event.  I have raced at the WERA GNF.  I was in the last turn for the start of a race.  Even at Road America, a very, very big race track that could support such an event, large grids will have riders gridded down the hill where you can barely see the starter.

Chance for a national championship?  Well, obviously, FEW ever have the chance.  How many amateur middleweight supersport national champions did CCS have last year?  One.  How many riders competed?  A whole lot.  Having any kind of chance to win a championship requires many things.  First, the rider must actually compete.  After that, luck, hard work, tires, gas...and probably some blood and more hard work...add more luck.  I haven't won a CCS National Championship myself.  Everyone has a "chance".  But only one person will win.  If you really don't ride well, you're certainly not going to win...and this still is a competition where, potentially, the guy that's the fastest should win.

Daytona a HP track?  Yeah, but it still takes skill.  DiSalvo did a sub 1:51 lap time at Daytona...on his 600.  Maybe it makes 125HP, but it still had DOT tires.  Bostrom's are faster on Superbikes, but they are puttin out 200HP with the best slicks available on the face of the earth with totally unobtainium suspension components.

You wanna talk about HP?  Go buy a vintage motorcycle like a CB450 and race AHRMA.  That's where you can be virtually assured that you won't win.  With an ailing ignition, I still raced.  The bike builder/curator/etc. told me that he didn't expect me to better than xth place...I really didn't care because I was still there to race and try to the best of my ability to put it up front.

As for CCS notifying anyone about ROC...I don't think the paint is dry on anything.  Yeah, there was a lot of talk for some time, but the Daytona International Speedway board had to give the go ahead on the project before anything was solid.  Well, now the board has approved.  For those of you that have been to Daytona, you know how the security people are there...the DIS board is kind of the same way.  If Kevin Elliott didn't exactly know what, when, or where things were going to be...how could he tell "everyone"?  There still isn't a solid date.

The internet allows information to travel very quickly, to say the least.  Sometimes in business, things have to actually be discussed between people, some time needs to go by between some people for decisions to be made.

Dafan, as for you getting information about sponsorship contingency, team owner fund (there isn't a team owner fund, just a team owner program and a series point fund), etc...  I don't have answers on that.  I'm facinated that the folder we got our license and rule book in had some ads in it...but I wasn't contacted about being part of that myself either.
Super Dave

hooter31

SUPER DAVE,IF YOU'RE GOING TO SLEEP IN YOUR TRUCK AT HOMESTED BRING A WEPON WITH YOU...I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING IN MY HOTEL ROOM AND  WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF GUNSHOTS..IT IS NOT A NICE NIEGHBORHOOD

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteSUPER DAVE,IF YOU'RE GOING TO SLEEP IN YOUR TRUCK AT HOMESTED BRING A WEPON WITH YOU...I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING IN MY HOTEL ROOM AND  WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF GUNSHOTS..IT IS NOT A NICE NIEGHBORHOOD

I remember seeing somewhere that southern Florida has 1 of the highest crime rates in the country, I believe that it was nearby Miami that was recently #1 on the national list for the country.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

OH MY LORD!  REASONS NOT TO GO!

LOL, ok, so I need to travel out of town or something to park.  At least I know now.

What are the pit areas like?

Have to have garages or something like DIS with Nextel Cup NSACAR and Busch coming there.
Super Dave