News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ARAI HELMET SCAM !!!!!

Started by cornercamping, March 23, 2004, 02:57:23 PM

dtmaxboost3

i bought a arai rx-7 wraith from this person last week. how can i tell if its fake? they said it was a japan version. it has the snell sticker on the back, it looks very very real.  please respond to tell me what to look for and if it is in factfake what can i do? there ios also the snell serial number inside on the right side temple on the back it says rx-7 then and big R with roman number IV please email me if you would like some pictures of my helmet. thanks for letting a brother know. lowe  ;D

cornercamping

Quotei bought a arai rx-7 wraith from this person last week. how can i tell if its fake? they said it was a japan version. it has the snell sticker on the back, it looks very very real. æplease respond to tell me what to look for and if it is in factfake what can i do?

You should send it to Arai and have them look at it. ÊIf it is a fake, which chances are it is, you won't get it back. Here are some things you can look at to check it out:

1. Under the liner, there is a numbered SNELL sticker. ÊEach SNELL sticker is individulally numbered. Ê

2. Look at Arai's website. ÊLook under the Wraith model, and see which line it is (i.e. RR4, Corsair). Ê If it shows Corsair, and yours is labeled RR4, something VERY fishy is going on. Ê

3. Look at the production date. ÊThe CORSAIR took over for the RR4. ÊThe RR4 quit being made last year. How can you have a 2004 Helmet, when the helmet you have was no longer being made at the end of 2003?  Does the Arai website show the Wraith as being a Corsair?  How can you have a legitimate RR4 if the site shows it's a Corsair?  Notice they don't even show the RR4 in the 2004 model line, let alone in your model.

cornercamping

Oh yeah, there isn't a difference between the Japanese version and the US version.  To quote Mr. Arai himself: (per Arai's website)

re there differences between Arai Helmet models other than shell shapes?

Every Arai helmet is made to the same standard. In fact, Arai's most famous racing champions wear the exact same Arai helmet you can buy. Really. No special, trick, one-off, racer-only models whose only resemblance to the one you buy is the paint scheme. The same helmet. How many other helmet companies can say that - and back it up? What does that tell you about Arai and its standards? In the words of Michio ("Mitch") Arai, the president and son of the founder: "Arai has only one standard. All Arai helmets are made the same, whether for a world racing champion or a street or dirt rider. How can you say one person's head is worth more than another's?"

There are some differences in some of the features between models - like ventilation system, face shield type, etc. But these are mostly a function of the helmet's design. You can easily see the differences by comparing the features/benefits icons between models.

Lowe119

Where are these coming from? Places like Turkey do not have trademark infringment laws. I can buy a Rolex for $40 there and probably an Aria for the same.

cornercamping

2004 Arai Helmet Line:

Rx-7 Corsair
Quantum Series
Astral Series
Signet Series
XD Series
SZ-ram II
SZ/m
Classic/m
VX Series
MXC Series

2004 RX7 Corsiar Available Graphics:

Racing Black
Aluminum Silver
Aluminum Grey
Racing Red
Hayden "Wired"- Red 360¡
Hayden "Wired"- Black 360¡
Hayden "Wired"- Blue 360¡
McCoy Slide King 360¡
Edwards - 5 Star 360¡
Edwards - 6 Red 360¡
Edwards - 7 Blue 360¡
Roberts "Double Eagle" 360¡
Gibernau Blue 360¡
Gibernau Red 360¡
Wraith - White 360¡
Wraith - Red 360¡
Wraith - Blue 360¡
Wraith - Green 360¡
Hayden GP - Blue 360¡
Hayden GP - Black 360¡
Nakano II 360¡

Editorial Copy from Dealernews:

Arai Helmet's Corsair "Wraith" - July 2003

Illusory Lid

Whether your customers are superstitious or not, this is one illusion they can believe in. The "Wraith" is the newest graphic design for Arai Helmet's top-of-the-line RX-7 Corsair model. Arai says the Corsair is a major step forward in the RX line because it incorporates several new features, including the latest SNC (Structured Net Composite) shell construction, a revised "enhanced organic" shell shape, a dual-pivot chin vent and Dry-Cool liner material. The Corsair also has Arai's full five-year limited warranty and comes in sizes XS-XXL.

Value Of The Product: Ask your safety- and design-conscious customers to put their faith in the Wraith
Suggested Initial Order: One each of the S, M and L sizes
Dealer Margin: 54%
Inventory Turns: Varies depending on streetbike business
Marketing Tips: Stress that Arai is the only helmet company to rank #1 in customer satisfaction in all five J.D. Powers & Associates studies, including 2003

Notice is says new CORSIAR  :-/  Sorry bro, but I'd say you got a good knock off, just like I did.

cornercamping

QuoteWhere are these coming from? Places like Turkey do not have trademark infringment laws. I can buy a Rolex for $40 there and probably an Aria for the same.

Made in Tiawan probably, and really there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it.  Even with things like Rolex, if you look online, you can find knock off Rolex watches even made of real gold and platinum for a couple grand, and nobody, not even a jeweler could tell it was fake, until you send it in to Rolex and they open it up and look at the movement.   The knock off industry is only going to get better.  >:(

cornercamping

Quotei bought a arai rx-7 wraith from this person last week. how can i tell if its fake? they said it was a japan version. it has the snell sticker on the back, it looks very very real. Êplease respond to tell me what to look for and if it is in factfake what can i do? there ios also the snell serial number inside on the right side temple on the back it says rx-7 then and big R with roman number IV please email me if you would like some pictures of my helmet. thanks for letting a brother know. lowe Ê;D

I'd say send it to Arai.  They'll let you know for sure.  I still don't think it's a real Arai.  Look at Arai's website  :-/  Says the Wraith model is a new 2004 helmet, which is also a Corsair.  Not sure how you'd get an older RR4 with 2004 Corsair graphics on it unless it was a knock off reproduction.  ???

cornercamping

Another thing to think about is that Arai is a Japanese company.  You'd figure that the Corsair model was probably introduced first in Japan, then the U.S., not vice versa.   ;)

dtmaxboost3

is there a phone number or anything where you could call ?

cornercamping

Yeah, but they are just going to tell you to send it in.  I had it written down somewhere, but I gotta find it.  

dtmaxboost3

well i just got my bike outta the shop and very eager to go riding, have you snent your in yet? i would hate to miss the summer without a helmet. Are they gonna send you a new one?

cornercamping

Quotewell i just got my bike outta the shop and very eager to go riding, have you snent your in yet? i would hate to miss the summer without a helmet. Are they gonna send you a new one?

Yeah, I sent mine in a while back (when this thread first went up).  They sent me a new one about a week and a half later.