News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ARAI HELMET SCAM !!!!!

Started by cornercamping, March 23, 2004, 02:57:23 PM

GKing

Absolutely props to Arai for going way above and beyond their responsibility.  Posted a link over on the WERA board.

Rich

I give a props up to Arai as well but am really suprised that they are giving such good customer service.

I bought a helmet last year and had a bunch of trouble with it. I tried to call them, but there was no number listed. I sent an email to the form on the website, but got no response. I ended up writing a letter via snail mail and finally had somebody call me.

Hope this situation is actually the norm - because I love their helmets.
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

cornercamping

Uh Oh.. I just found a fake one on Ebay.  Same guy, same helmet.  Notice he says that it is labeled RX7RR4 for Japan.  That is complete crap.  I have mine sitting right here, and it is labeled CORSAIR on the back, and this one came right from Arai, and I have the reciept to prove it.  Buyer be ware:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6749&item=7902515894&rd=1

Sorry to bring up a dead horse, but obviously it's not dead.

cornercamping

gpracer171

So what you are saying is that I need to make my best attemp at a knock of aria ad they will replace it with the real thing for my efforts.

Sweet, that is what i call service!!!

Just kidding!!

I think Aria makes the best hemets available and it is great to hear that they have customer service that goes above and beyond what they have to do for the customer.

Thanks for the heads up.

cornercamping

Yeah, if you'd like a one way ticket to Federal Court  ;D ;)

Chuck

Mike we think too much a like...

Chuck

For the record the lady that responds to this ad when you inquire swears they sell the real deal, and that the snell stamp is on the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6749&item=7902515894&rd=1

Here are her comments...she apperently doesnt know much english...

Dear customer:
our helmet is Snell stamp at the back also passed JApan local Transportation test, so that is not us.  |And please read our feedback and if you want some reference for evidence show that we only sell the Real Arai, I Can forward to you also
Regards
Veronicda

Lowe119

QuoteAnd please read our feedback and if you want some reference for evidence show that we only sell the Real Arai, I Can forward to you also
Wow - a whopping 3 feedbacks  ;D Has anyone contacted the three people to see if they know if they got a real deal? I think I might send them a quick note.

cornercamping

Then they must have added it also.  Note, Arai does not make a McCoy replica in the RR4 model ANYWHERE on the planet.   The McCoy model is a Corsair, and was just released this year.  There is absolutely no way.  Furthermore, take a look at my auction.  I have a pic of the back of the helmet.  It says Corsair, not RR4, and that is the helmet that Arai sent me to replace the fake one that I bought.  Arai sent me the real deal directly from their main US office in FL. Here's a link to my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7902992926&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Now, I have the reciept from Arai directly showing where I bought the helmet.  It's a 2004 model year helmet, and they quit making the RR4's at the end of last year, and are in process of phasing out the RR4's period.  They aren't making them anymore, and selling what they have left.  They never made a McCoy RR4 model.  They just introduced them in 2004, and they started making the Corsair last year, so how is it possible to get a RR4 McCoy model?

cornercamping

QuoteWow - a whopping 3 feedbacks Ê;D Has anyone contacted the three people to see if they know if they got a real deal? I think I might send them a quick note.

They probably wouldn't know it even if it was fake.  I'm tellin' ya, the knock off's are so good, that if you didn't know what to look for, you wouldn't even notice it.  I've forwarded the Ebay link to that lady's auction to the guys at Arai in FL.  

Lowe119

I sent a quick note and link to this thread to the three.  :-/