News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Hello Ft Wrth; No Topeka 4 MW?

Started by 251am, March 22, 2004, 02:17:47 AM

Super_KC124

Just to be safe, go to all of them. ;D

outbound3

Ya, just look at it this way. You could race twenty-one weekends in three different regions. Plus only have one weekend that would conflict with one-another.

If I only had unlimited resources!!!

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteYa, just look at it this way. You could race twenty-one weekends in three different regions. Plus only have one weekend that would conflict with one-another.

If I only had unlimited resources!!!

And if they ran those 2 events with opposite schedules for the weekend you could still race both events! (for example run the schedule we will be running this weekend at HP, but do it reversed for 1 event that weekend. Say you run the races on Saturday only at the Nelson Ledges event and on Sunday at the Gingerman event. There's always a solution if so desired!  ;D)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Mark Bernard

My point is this... I pay to race in the MW regon. Sure I could go to HP for the track time or for points in the other regions. But why in the world would I do that? Travel 8 1/2 hours to race for absolutly no points in my reigon? Thats just bad money managament and outright stupid! It was listed at one time as a MW double points event and now we are being told that it is not. "PERIOD"! I think we all deserve an answer on why this was screwed up so bad. Now, I sure someone knows the answer to this... "(AHEM)" Lets see if we get an answer. I dont want to bash on CCS either but comon... when I just got done spending over $2500 to get the bike ready and get things in order, made reseverations, sent in the entry fees, scheduled time off of work, farmed out the kids for the weekend, just to mention a few of the things, it kind of makes me want to know who to strangle!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

outbound3

Don't get me wrong; I agree, I think we should at least get an answer! Even if it's not the one we're looking for!

I look at as if it's a commitment. I have made one to them (CCS) on the pretences that this was a MW regional event. Now, without written notice these pretences have changed. These kinds of actions will only lesson my trust for the CCS organization.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteMy point is this... I pay to race in the MW regon. Sure I could go to HP for the track time or for points in the other regions. But why in the world would I do that? Travel 8 1/2 hours to race for absolutly no points in my reigon? Thats just bad money managament and outright stupid! It was listed at one time as a MW double points event and now we are being told that it is not. "PERIOD"! I think we all deserve an answer on why this was screwed up so bad. Now, I sure someone knows the answer to this... "(AHEM)" Lets see if we get an answer. I dont want to bash on CCS either but comon... when I just got done spending over $2500 to get the bike ready and get things in order, made reseverations, sent in the entry fees, scheduled time off of work, farmed out the kids for the weekend, just to mention a few of the things, it kind of makes me want to know who to strangle!

Mark, how long have you been in CCS? Does thit surprise you? ;)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Mark Bernard

It's not suprising Rob... Its disapointing! I have been around enough to know that nothing with ccs is ever set in stone but damn, this is a major screw up on "someones" part and I would just like a simple answer from someone at ccs as to why this even happened. There were alot of racers that was under the impression that this was also a MW double points event. It was listed on the schedule as such for the past few weeks. Now all of a sudden its not a MW event. We made alot of plans to make sure we would attend (as I am sure many others in the MW have) and now I have to scramble to cancel all our arrangments. This is not right Rob and YOU KNOW IT!! so dont give me guff like "does this suprise you" It angers me when I scramble to get our bikes ready, spent thousands of dollars just to be let down by some bone heads. Are we not paying participants? Here is another point. Topeka is listed as a MW event for June 20th and Nov. 13th... why are these events listed as a MW event for these dates and not March 28th? This track according to what I have read is one of our MW tracks. It just dont make any sense to me what so ever. And to be quite honest here.. It should piss off every one in the MW that was planning on attending! There needs to be someone who has big enough balls to admit there was a mistake made and take responsibility for it. Bottom line!!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

CCS

This is no excuse, merely an explaination of how this got twisted and I hope after you read it you will understand why.

The original schedule (December 1) was sent out with this March event as a Great Plains/Great Lakes event in the license renewal mailer...no Mid-West. Several riders complained that waiting until Road America to start the Mid-West season was unfair, they wanted an earlier opportunity at a track they felt more neutral than Road America is, and they asked for the opening Heartland Park to pay points.

That was my mistake.

The Daytona Mailer had the schedule containing the new Fasttrax Affiliate "Great Lakes Region" and the "Northern" region listed. This was the where the Mid-West was listed for Heartland Park.

As soon as this schedule (January 19th) was in the hands of riders I got complaints that since it wasn't in the first schedule they saw, that is wasn't fair, they had set vacations and made arrangements to start at Road America.

I listened to their input and removed it. I also listened to input from our affiliate and riders about the additional region (Northern) and how it just diluted the importance of the other championships so in light of the complaints we dropped that too. That was February 5th.

While updated schedules were sent out in license packets and in .pdf forms, the information did not get to the webmaster in a form that clearly spelled out the changes, so no changes were made until the problem was pointed out to me by an e-mail on March 11th and the problem was corrected that day.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but in all fairness it is better to not pay the points than take someone out of the championship hunt because of confusion on our part.

Please remember that the website is a work in progress, it's new format gives us in the Fort Worth office the ability to post results and update other sections of the website now, something we could not do before March 15th and we are trying to come to grips with this new opportunity to keep you informed.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

lil_thorny

Thanks again Kevin.  I think that with the exception
of a few people, most of us myself included, just wanted to be 100% sure of the schedule change.

Benj.

Mark Bernard

I appreciate the reply Kevin, but I think you might have a problem with the mw racers that dont have access to the internet to get this information. I just wonder how many will show up thinking that it is on the schedule when in fact its not any more. So if any one knows any mw racers planning on going, please tell them that this is not a mw points paying event for us. For some it may not matter. For others, this could be a sticky point with them when they get there and find this information out. I am just thankful that I know now instead of when I got to Topeka!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

251am

Boy, am I glad I was pessimisstic on needing to get my fees in for a better grid spot. Will there be refunds to the racers who pre-entered? What channels do they have to go through to get their money back? No mention of this, Mr. Elliot. I can understand the indecision of whether to have a MW opener at HP, or not, based on the said positions of the two sides. However, to have NOT made an announcement of finality on said decision made last week rather looks to be a money-flow decision to favor CCS, and looking away from the racers who support it. Sad. Embarassing. :-[            

Steviebee

I FUCKING FIND OUT ABOUT THIS THE NIGHT BEFORE I LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!