team challenge

Started by fzr400tony, December 17, 2001, 04:57:47 AM

fzr400tony

is the class gonna continue in 2002??  any changes???

i heard rumors of three regions for the class only.  is this true, or will they keep the same regions.  this is one of the best deals in racing.  i'd suggest that anyone who can be involved, do so.

sportbikepete

Hey Tony, i hope this continues as this was one of the things I was looking at. Granted still ahve to get the people together.

fzr400tony

i did it last year.  it was a lot of fun.  very tiring.  i thought that because i did a lot of track days, that i would have no problem with the conditioning.  i never realized how much i could relax when not actually racing.

it was intimidating from the stand point that we were one of the few teams that had no experts onboard.  however, we still had a lot of fun.  and you can really learn a lot from getting passed by fast experts.  i'm sure they hated us, buut we had a blast.

MudDawg

They are adding a GT Lights team challenge class for this year.  Seems like folks like the races.  Guess that means we get a bit more racing on some saturdays!!!

fzr400tony

gtl tc will be great.  i was watching the guy from maxim magazine on his hawk in the gtu class at pocono and some guys on a muz at vir.  they were a lot of fun to watch comparing the little bikes to loudoun motorsports' and imotosports.com's gixxers and aprilia's.

which team were you on?  we were team mtmk.  we had a 96 750, blue w/white flames.  #379, except at summit where we were #725.  sorry if we got in your way.  i suck.   :'(

sportbikepete

Hey Tony I bet if I can get guys together for it I'll suck more than you did!  ;D

fzr400tony

i was passed by a muz at vir and couldn't catch him on the straight with a gsxr750.  i'm not sure you can get much worse than that.  god, i suck, but especially at vir.

sportbikepete

OK I think you have me on that one! If I end up being worse than that it's time to break out the ysr50.

RickyRacer

I think it's great that lightweight bikes can now do the Team Challenge. :D  What I don't like is that the Florida region does not host this event at any of our local tracks like Moroso or Homestead.  I have yet to get a warm and fuzzy about runnig Homestead.  If I could run  in the Team Challenge at this track, it would help a lot. Plus the added seat time from entering in this events is a big help on it's own.  I hope that they will have the Team Challenge at NFMP.

Why doesn't Florida have the Team Challenge?

"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

RickyRacer

BTW, can armatures compete in the team challenge?
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Eric Kelcher

Yes Am can run TC.  section 9.2 of rulebook
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

RickyRacer

SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI