News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What do you change ?   Chassy  or Riding Style ?

Started by Steviebee, March 18, 2004, 10:15:33 AM

Steviebee

ok,  let's let the guys who might know this help out us newcommers.

How do we decide if a chassy change is warrented vs. just changing our riding style ?

Let's take getting on the gas comming out of a turn,  I can get on the gas sooner, but i might run wide.  Or do i make a chassy change so i can get on the gass sooner ?

This might not be the best example but, i see all theese things about what to do with the chassy to make it different.  Since im new to this, i can make just a big a difference by changing the way i ride ?  

Thoughts ?

Super Dave

Yes.

Experience will tell you.  Sometimes the route is both.  

But otherwise, always chassis...as long as you ride consistency.
Super Dave

Steviebee

QuoteExperience will tell you.  Sometimes the route is both.  .

Have i reached a level 1 apprentice yet ?

Super Dave

I think so, but you might have lost that by not following some of your general intution and hitting up a general board for info.

Reality...

How many amateur and recreational road racers are on this board?

Most of them.  

Can they, in reality, give you tried and true ideas that they garnished over years of thought and work?  No.

I know some of the people on this board that have some of that (knowledge and experience), and most of them don't post very much on this board, or any board.
Super Dave

r6_philly

so people who post alot knows nothing? :p awwwww

Decreasing_Dave

Quoteso people who post alot knows nothing? :p awwwww

Yeah...and based on you post counter...you're not too bright.   ;D

r6_philly

ya, but based on the post count of the guy who posted that statement, he wouldn't know enough to make that statement in the first place :D 8)

Super Dave

Quoteya, but based on the post count of the guy who posted that statement, he wouldn't know enough to make that statement in the first place :D 8)

LOL!  I know...

I enjoy the computer, and I enjoy the board...

But I don't let all the cats out of the bag here either.  I may show the bag...

Regardless, I enjoy some of the boards I play on, and I can type fast.... :P ;D
Super Dave

r6_philly

hey super dave, you are the coolest racer I have met at the track in a long time. You always walking around with a smile...

I am starting to have a small bag that I jammed random stray dogs and cats into whenever I can :)

see you at Summit! (I think we would be closer in laptime there  ;D)

Super Dave

LOL, lap time...LOL! ;D

Thanks!  I'm a reasonably happy guy.  Two cool boys, a great wife, and I've raced forever.  I teach guys, and now racing against pediatric cancer...can my life be any more full?  If I could just raise enough money where I could visit kids with cancer rather than my goofy job...then life would be grand!
Super Dave

ekraft84

I post a lot (not necessarily on this board).  I've taken the Jason Pridmore school and Kevin Schwantz school and have received personal attention from some pretty fast guys.  Would I be qualified to give advice?  Are there things in your "bag" that are above and beyond what they teach?   ;)

QuoteI think so, but you might have lost that by not following some of your general intution and hitting up a general board for info.

Reality...

How many amateur and recreational road racers are on this board?

Most of them.  

Can they, in reality, give you tried and true ideas that they garnished over years of thought and work?  No.

I know some of the people on this board that have some of that (knowledge and experience), and most of them don't post very much on this board, or any board.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Steviebee

hey how did you like the swantz school vs the pridmore school ?  Iv'e done the pridmore school twice and was thinking about the swantz school.