Update On Rider Helicoptered Out Of Pocono?

Started by sportbikepete, September 04, 2002, 06:24:31 PM

sportbikepete

Has anyone heard any news on a I believe his name is Howard Cho the AM rider taken out of Pocono?

Will

Hey Pete..I'll ask Roger Lyle this weekend...

MSD108

He's doing fine and will make a full recovery.
2 Broken Ribs, Lacerated liver & Kidney, & a pretty bad concussion.
I saw the crash & he was lucky to come out with only these injuries.

steve gould

r6_philly

turn 1, I believe he followed a crashed rider off course at highspeed and crashed in the grass

sportbikepete

Mongo

H. Eliot Cho maybe?  

That sucks but I'm glad to hear he'll be alright, really nice guy.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

cho

Hey, I am the moron who crashed at Pocono (you were correct sportbikepete...my name is Howard Cho).  Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I didn't even know this board existed until MSD108 told me about it.  I appreciate the concern, and I am doing ok.  I suffered everything that MSD said, except I apparently had 4 broken ribs, as well as a bruised/bleeding brain, and also a separated shoulder on top of it all.  I was very lucky to have made it through and I appreciate all that the corner workers, friends, family, etc., all did for me to help me out.  I disobeyed a rule that I always tried to follow:  never watch anyone (even friends) crash in a race.  As MSD108 said, I am expected to make a full recovery, although they're sending me to a neuro-psychologist to make sure that everything's ok with my brain.  I feel I've gotten more stupid after the crash...but I wasn't too bright to begin with.  Anyway, thanks for the concern and BE CAREFUL all of you.  I was lucky and I am extremely thankful for it.

sportbikepete

Hey Howard glad things are going good, we actually met, our group was pitted behind you at the Reduc day and we were talking about your bike and such. Everyone in our "camp" was really concerned so this will put us at ease.

cho

Hi, you'll have to excuse me but my memory isn't working so well now (plus I forget things all the time, so that's no excuse).  MSD108 told me that he thinks you are the one who pits with Beck (WCW) and does undurance races with him...unfortunately, that does me no good.  I did mention to him that I recognized your login name, but I'm having difficulty putting a face to the name.  Can you tell me where/when we actually met?

sportbikepete

That would be me and I also race the same classes as you. Worry more about remembering the important stuff and not who we are, lol. Anyway keep us posted on your status. Hey your bike was in pretty good shape afterwards if you did not know. And our meeting was not formal I was telling you at a trtack day event how upgrading your suspension would help you out. We were both pitted under the outdoor garages at Pocono, again do not worry to much we'll see you at the track soon and reintroduce everyone.

LauraCole

Cho:

I have been involved with motorcycle racing and safety for about 20 years now - that's 100% of my adult life and many of my formative years.  Over that time I've been thru and seen a lot.

I strongly recommend that you and/or a loved one get the book "Coping with Mild Tramatic Brain Injuries" by Diane Roberts Stoler. It is available on Amazon.com  

I have read this book and many people I know have sought it out as a tremendous resource.  It helps so much to know that everything you are going thru is normal and you are not alone.

Laura
US Marshalls - Training and PR

Howard Cho

sportbikepete:  I am pretty sure I've now made the name/face connection...I just hope that I'm not confusing you w/ someone else.  You know, there are so many nice people at the tracks, and I've met so many people...(not to mention my memory sucks--keep that in mind).  Well, you were right about the full suspension helping me out--I had the fastest laptimes of my friends that day, which is unusual.  Now only if I could learn to ride without crashing...haha.

LauraCole:  Thank you very much for the information--I really do appreciate it.  Luckily I am really not experiencing any real problems, and I'm feeling better every day.  When I said my memory was awful, I meant to say it has always been awful...with or without the crash.  Now, if you can suggest a book helping me cope with my general stupidity, that would be great...ha ha.  Thanks again for your concern and help.

sportbikepete

Howard I'm seeing Chris Beck tonight so I'll tell him how you are doing, he has been concerned.

cho

Excellent...tell him I said hello and I'm living.  Are you also from NJ?  I believe he lives right by me.

sportbikepete

He is in Rockaway about 15 mintues form you. I'm in Stroudsburg.

cho

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but if you raced in the Mid-Atlantic region in 2001-2002, you might be in the videos I posted on YouTube.  I have more tapes, but they're Hi-8, so I need to find a camera/deck so I can digitize/upload them.  If you're in there, enjoy!  I gotta admit, though, the focus is on my friends and myself.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLED13F9BF6A0EF7E1