News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The Penguin Race school instructors are at it agai

Started by RickyRacer, December 10, 2001, 10:25:15 AM

RickyRacer

Last year one of the Penguin boys took out a student during one of last practice sessions. He got bumped right into the gravel pit off turn 2. They were racing each other on the track with a bunch of first time track riders. Talk about being careless.

This year they didn't't take anyone out (That I know of). But on 12/9/01 at Homestead Motorsport Complexe during the Lightweight Supersport race, one of them was riding a Motard and popping/riding wheelies down every straight.  Man was that ever annoying! I had a hard time concentrating while this guy was riding those wheelies right next to me.

When is someone going to stop these boneheads from playing around on the rack like that? I am sick of them already and steer away anyone who comes to me and asks about their race school.  If anything, it shows how unprofessional they are.

Please, someone talk to them about this before some gets hurt.
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

RickyRacer

Henry collected a fine from Jeff Wood and the written acceptance of the penalty and fine. This is the first step, if the actions continue after this, there will be suspensions and possibly other sanctions.
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Mahly

;) Of course, you can always take your business elsewhere (www.nesba.com)
CCS MW EX #113

sportbikepete

Don't send any wheelie junkies my way, I enjoy my NESBA track days.

RickyRacer

This guy is from the Loudon area.  If you're in the this area, then lookout.
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Skid_Jackson

umm... that's my neck of the woods.... Jeff is one of the best racers at loudon!! last guy i'd be worrying about if we were on the track at the same time. Course having a perfect stranger goin' by on his real wheel would probably bug me too. However knowing it was jeff wouldn't bug me, at least from a "is this guy gonna take me out" stand point. Just my .02!!

MudDawg

Quoteumm... that's my neck of the woods.... Jeff is one of the best racers at loudon!! last guy i'd be worrying about if we were on the track at the same time. Course having a perfect stranger goin' by on his real wheel would probably bug me too. However knowing it was jeff wouldn't bug me, at least from a "is this guy gonna take me out" stand point. Just my .02!!

I agree that Woods is a damn good rider.  But the issue is safety.  One patch of oil, a bump in the pavement...etc....and he comes down into a tankslapper and wrecks.

A local NoVa wheelie-dog did this at Summit a year or two ago.  He was know to be able to wheelie for miles.  Unfortunately he got a tank slapper as soon as he set the wheel down.  One life-flight later ....

So....power wheelies happen.  Showing off in a race is stupid.

TightSqueeze

RickyRacer

Yeah, the guy is a really good rider but. During a race, there is no place for this kind of antic.  Even on track days it's frowned on.  Hell, I have a friend that is really good at doing stoppies and standing on his tank. Would you like him doing that next to you while you're racing? I think not.

TightSqueeze , you gave me more crap for just  "asking" about titanium puck on a race weekend and that's all you have to say about popping wheelies during a race.   Huumm.
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Skid_Jackson

QuoteI agree that Woods is a damn good rider.  But the issue is safety.  One patch of oil, a bump in the pavement...etc....and he comes down into a tankslapper and wrecks.

Point taken!! plus i should read the posts a little better, i.e. i was thinking it was during a track day. Sounds like the track manager handled it well!!