News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Insurance on a racebike

Started by racerxgirl, February 26, 2004, 04:11:55 PM

ronin

ACE insurance  a company out of Alabama will insure racebikes, its done via llloyds of london had it done  a few times wasn't bad. companies like allstate, state farm won't, you can also get disability if hurt during a race. ;)

racerxgirl

Don't insurance companies want to see a title or proof of something to show what it is and then they can figure out how much it is worth? I do not have a title for it...and would like to get some kind of coverage, but im not going to pay and then if something does happen, i am screwed for not having a title..ya know what im saying??  ???

MZGirl

QuoteDon't insurance companies want to see a title or proof of something to show what it is and then they can figure out how much it is worth? I do not have a title for it...and would like to get some kind of coverage, but im not going to pay and then if something does happen, i am screwed for not having a title..ya know what im saying??  ???

This is AZ, a state that will title just about anything.  One of these days I'm going to take my TZ250 down and get a title for it.  Hey, it's got a frame #, and knowing the AZ MVD, that's probably good enough.   ::)  Doesn't hurt to try.   ;)

cstem

In almost every state, if the bike has a frame and engine number (and remember- all CCS racebikes must have these!)  you can get some form of ID for the bike.  A title search may be required to ensure there are no liens or other registerd owners.  Also- to get a bike street legal in AZ- it must only have a headlight, tail and brake light operated by at least the rear pedal and horn (bulb type ok) and mirror (any type).  My friend imported a Gran Canyon Cagiva (TL 100 motor).  He had to make it look real ugly and unsafe just to get it to pass as a kit bike!
The voice of the Southwest.

Jeff

I spent hours battling my insurance company, escalating up and up trying to reason with them.  They would not cover me for theft/fire.

Now, they'll cover my dirtbikes, but will not cover a bike that is able to be registered as a highway capable motor vehicle but used for other purposes.  Absolutely insane...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

Wierd... SF insured my CR250 as a racebike?  

My R6 has full coverage, I haven't told them it's a racebike... but I also only plan to utilize the coverage if the bike gets stolen.  If I wad the thing, it's coming out of my own pocket.  I like having nice low insurance rates, I don't want a claim screwing it up.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak