News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How do I know when my leathers are "done"?

Started by spyderchick, February 22, 2004, 07:31:16 AM

Team_nuclear123

Just a note on leather care....

At Suzuka.... They wash the leathers between every stint for most of the Dianese supported riders (its a free service)  Then they dry them. You will see lots of non Dianese rideres useign blowers to keep em dry, its hot and humid there!!!

Dainese uses a big tub with a soapy water solution to wash them in, then rinses the leathers about 6 times in clean water. Then they go into a household dryer to dry, then are treated with leather conditioner, and hung back up...

We have made this a post race ritual....

spyderchick

Wow, interesting. I never knew that. See? You learn something new all the time. I can't see that it would hurt, considering that most of the Dianese leathers have removable liners. I'm assuming they take out the liner, the armor and humps before they do this. If I were to do this with another brand, I'd make sure that the lining was removable.  
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

stumpy

Alexa,
 I guess my leathers aren't done yet ;D They went from looking like swiss cheese to a new set of leathers! (Well maybe like colby cheese, they look tough though). Great job. The patches turned out sweet too.

Stumpy 8)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".