News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Time off work

Started by rixride, August 21, 2002, 05:46:41 AM

rixride

Hey Guys,
I want to start racing next year, I have a full time job, Hypothetically, if I tried to attend every race for CCS, How many Work days would I need off?

If a race is on Fri/Sat do you guys normally take of Thurs too? Do you ever need to take off Mondays after a race?

Thanks,

Rixride
Racerwannabe
http://www.pbxinfo.com

ecumike

Rixride, I work fulltime at IBM and haven't had to take any days off for racing yet.

BTW, races are usually Sat/Sun, Fri.'s sometimes/usually they have open track days for ~$100 for racers to practice.

It really depends on how far you are willing to travel, and what hours of the day/night you wanna drive.

I don't goto the Fri. track days, and the furthest I've gone is RRR, ~5.5 hour drive from me.  Left Fri. afternoon, raced Sat. and Sun. left ~4 Sun, got home by 10, sleeping by 11.

sdiver68

Since this is my first year and practice and getting to know the tracks is very important, I usually just take the Friday off so I can do the track day, and MAYBE leave a little early on Thursday depending on how far away the track is or what I still haven't done to get ready.

But, I've usually worked enough OT during the week prior so that it evens out and my actual work time has not been affected.  If your employer is cool, he may allow you to do that.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Gixxer124

Steve, you have a job??? ;D

TZDeSioux

Don't you guys get paid vacations and personal days? I have 3 weeks of paid vacation and 5 personal days I can use however I want. I try to go to friday practice at every track except blackhawk.