News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Visionsports' Racer U. info...

Started by Super Dave, January 25, 2004, 07:07:25 AM

Super Dave

I've revised some of the information for the Visionsports' Racer University (VRU) on the site.  Should give a better feel about pricing.  

Additionally, I have a VRU application form on line also.  You can get there by double clicking the icon at the bottom of the page.

You can get to that page from here...

http://www.team-visionsports.com/pages/953779/index.htm

I'm looking forward to working with some of you during this program.  Certainly working with SO many racers under the previous programs just became too hard for me...too many people.  Although this is a more expensive route, the information and work that we can do will be much greater.

For those not near the Blackhawk Farms area, I am available for small groups and one on one work.  Drop me a note directly.

Thanks...and enjoy the cold... ;D

Back to your regularly scheduled programing.
Super Dave

Steviebee

I might as well aske here,

Does this mean that there will be only 4 to 8 guys out on the track at one time ?  We're not sharing tack time with anyother group?

Will there be track sessions ? or Open track ?

Are you going to be the only instructor ?

Super Dave

For the Visionsports' Racer University...

Me and the students, maximum of eight.  No one else.  Just me as the instructor.  

The track will basically be "open", but I'll have new things I'll want to work with each rider on.  So, there will be lots of different things we'll be doing.

It'll be a long day.  I wouldn't expect the students to need any practice on Friday.  You'll sleep well...   8)
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

How about the payment situation Dave? Can I pay half of the maximum student cost now by check, and then send the rest of the fee (based on number of students entered) by what ever date you require? I really hate credit cards! >:(

Also, do you have any idea what times we will be there (from when to when)? Also will we be supplying our own food?

I am also assuming this is a rain or shine school, for track rental reasons?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Mike, I believe that I've got some of your money from the school you couldn't come to last year...

That would work for a start, I would think....

Times...Same as any week day:  we can be on the track running from 9AM to 430PM.  I'll probably come Wednesday night and sleep there.  Get some breakfasts in town around 6AM...  Try to get things moving and going at around 8AM.

Food, yeah, bring your own or we can get pizzas or something.

Yes, rain sucks, but we'll go on rain or shine.  But I've never had a day were it rained ALL day.  Additionally, we should have tire support from Mason Racin' Tire, and I'm trying to work something out where we might have http://4and6.com 's Jim Rashid there for the event.  Details to be worked out yet.

Bottom line...I won't have 20 races to work with in addition to 25 street riders and ten other instructors...just the racers that enroll.  

Also, I really need to accept the racer into the program.  Last year, I had a guy that had a CCS Competition License, but he had awful form and feel for everything.  He had lots of money, and had an expensive bike for track days, and, of course, for open practice days at Blackhawk, etc.  As racers, you understand the difference between racing and track riding.  Certainly, I can see the difference when I have to work with riders.  And this was part of why I have the groups divided in this way.

I've tried my hardest to provide the racers a program to help them.  Didn't have it when I was racing, and I really could have used it.  The trick has been that insurance has doubled in a few years and track rentals have gone up substantially.  So, to keep doing this for racers, and to do it better, it's got to be smaller groups and more money.  But I know that the quality will be better.  Steve, you ride well, I know from watching you for how long now, but we have been limited by how much time I could spend with you at my previous schools.  Volume was limiting.  So, here's the new gig.

Mike, yeah, checks are still good.... ;D
Super Dave

Steviebee

stumpy

Steve-o, come on we can do easy 12's. We're white plates now!!! Thats 1 second right there ;) Dave I read the fine print and didn't see a guarantee on second removal, I'm sure it's in there somewhere ;D

StUmPy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Steviebee

Its good to have friends to set me straight !

GSXR RACER MIKE

Hey StUmPy, I just noticed the capital U & P in your name, that's kinda clever. I assume your a yuper? ;)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

QuoteDave I read the fine print and didn't see a guarantee on second removal, I'm sure it's in there somewhere ;D

StUmPy

LOL, you want me to ride the bike now?

Ah, Grasshopper, you must execute on the track.  That is your job...
 ;D
Super Dave

StumpysWife

QuoteLOL, you want me to ride the bike now?

I didn't know you offered a 2 up session Dave!  Whoo hoo!  You guys are going to look so cute together--Stumpy hanging on tight, bouncing off his transmitter.  I hope Sliderphoto is there to capture the moment.

Heather