News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where to stay at Blackhawk?

Started by sdiver68, August 13, 2002, 04:55:04 PM

sdiver68

Last time I went, my first time, we stayed in Beloit, at the Super 8 I think.  Beloit had no decent restaurants that we could find that were open, and the hotel was average at best.  The track was nice but the off-track was a nightmare.

So, where do the other non-camping racers stay?  We were thinking about somewhere in North Rockford?
MCRA Race School Instructor

Gixxer124

Your welcome to stay at my house.  ;D

r1owner

Steve,

When I took my racing school (at Blackhawk), I stayed in Rockford.  Plenty of hotels there, and the city is a little larger I believe.  Had pizza delivered to the hotel for dinner.  

I can't remember the exact hotel, but it was nice and the lot was well lit.  I think it was about a 30 minute drive to the track from there.

Good luck!

Scott

roadracer797

If you need a good place to stay I can hook you up at a lot of good hotels in the Rockford area, just look me up at Blackhawk, I will be there on Friday night to register.Am#797

hmpmark

I'm not sure if it's the cheapest place (haven't been there in a long time), but by far the easiest place to stay at in Rockford would be the Clocktower Inn (it's easy to find, just look for the big clock).  It's right off of the expressway (east of Rockton), and it would only take about 10 minutes to get there from Blackhawk.  There are also lots of other hotels right next to it, if the Clocktower isn't what you're looking for, and I'm sure they are all reasonably priced.

Mark

sdiver68

Thanks Kevin,

Since Blackhawk has a landing strip, all we need is a V-22 Osprey and we can make it from your house to the Track in an hour or 2.  I'm sure 3 bikes and all our gear will fit :)

OK, so it sounds like the idea of North Rockford area is a good one...Thanks for the Clocktower tip HMP...I'll go look them up on the net.

MCRA Race School Instructor

dave333

There is a Ramada on 75 (???) in/near south beloit.  It is exit 1 off of 90 and then you just head west about 5 miles.  The track is 5-10 minutes from there...

KBOlsen

I believe the Ramada also offers a discounted rate if you tell them you're attending a Blackhawk Farms event... last time we stayed there, it was $69/night.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

kangasj

There are also a bunch of hotels listed under the "Local Info" section of the http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/ website....

am125ike

i camp now, but the ramada was cool (nice pool) tho the area did kinda shut down a lil early (had to get up early anyway) but the best thing was the distance to the track, pretty quick compared to the ride to rockford where we stayed the first time...and compared to so. beloit, rockford look'd alot like vegas at nite (at least the strip we were traveling.....
oh, and when we were in st.louis the first weekend this year, we found these
discount/coupon booklets at a big truckstop/gas station.... maaaan the room was cut down tremendously..80 down to 40.. yeah, the truckstop rite across from gateway.... camping now, but hey, after the season, i may find forty bucks somewhere ..... i'd like to just "get out" too.......am i off the subject ??

file:/home/ia2192/ikblade01010696.JPG

Dawn

Off the subject...  Yep, just a little bit  ;)