Question On FUSA for amatuers

Started by Ralphy99, December 26, 2003, 07:22:30 AM

Ralphy99

Is the only Class amatuers can compete in FUSA, Thunderbike. If so why would any amatuer get a FUSA license?

251am

I may have read the forms/websites wrong, but you have an oppurtunity to win more money in the long run through the regular FUSA schedule and then finishing the season at ROChampions in Daytona.  
  However, there are some motivations that have unknown reasoning to me. Someone at FUSA/CCS is using the excuse of eliminating the FUSA Unl GPs because the AMA is now running in-line 4 1000s in the Superbikes and Superstock?
  To muddy the waters further noone from Ft. Worth is making clarifications available at this time; seven weeks shy of Daytona!! Unfortunately I already bought the combo license. Refunds? Who knows?(It's a good excuse to go find an F2 or FZR)
      Maybe it's an insurance thing?                

Woofentino Pugrossi

My question is are they gonna REQUIRE FUSA licesnes to people who run CCS Thunderbike at Road America? Would like to know before I send in the pre-entry. If they do, I wont be running it then. >:(
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r6_philly

I believe you only need a CCS license to run CCS classes at FUSA events. So you can do the CCS thunderbike, not the FUSA thunderbike, which wasn't combined toward the second half of 03. (neither was AM/EX ULGP)

I would just imagine they want to free up some sunday time to run the other hour long race now - Formula Sportbike. So gone is the AM/EX ULGP.

Not that those races were very well attended in 03 anyway.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Its just that I remember someone saying they made them BUY a FUSA license when they went to Mid America last year to run Thunderbike.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

r6_philly

the CCS thunderbike may have been combined with the FUSA thunderbike. But if that was the case CCS license should have been enough. Maybe they missed the CCS thunderbike and wanted to enter the fUSA one? the classes were combined earlier in the year, then run seperate toward the end.

Steviebee

no  i remember someone bitching about it.  They combined the CCS and FUSA event and made the CCS guys purchase a FUSA license .

Mark Bernard

If that is the case then I wont be getting a FUSA license this year. Not worth it really.... :-[
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteIf that is the case then I wont be getting a FUSA license this year. Not worth it really.... :-[

Right with ya.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

r6_philly

you notice its only $40 more this year? If they do combine it then its one less CCS class that is available for you to run

Mark Bernard

Still not worth it.... I held both last year and the only FUSA event I went to was R/A. IMO... Unless one plans on doing all or most of FUSA scheduled events, it's a wast of time, money, effort, and travel.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

r6_philly

I guess it is better for the MA and SE folks, since we have 5 nationals on our schedule so most people would probably go to 3-4 of them anyway