F-USA Unlmtd GP cancelled?

Started by 251am, December 21, 2003, 08:57:14 PM

251am

Looking through our new packet I find no mention of the Formula USA Unlimited GP being run again. Also, there is not an area for it on the pre-reg sheets in the F USA area. The CCS Unlmtd GP is still there with a $70 reg fee. Could someone from CCS clarify this. Has it been eliminated and if not where on the pre-reg would I be filling in the blanks? TIA  

r6_philly

I believe there is no more FUSA unlimited GP. From what I understand the only class AM's can enter in FUSA is the thunderbike.

I am not from CCS but thats my understanding :) They had to make time to run the Formula Sportbike.

251am

Thanks Philly, so if you're correct it has been cancelled.
  What is the problem with coming outright with a list of classes cancelled? Rather than simply whine about it I sent off an e-mail to Mr. Elliot, as this is the "unofficial" site, and he probably does not read here. Don't think I can run my Gixxer pig in their Formula SportBike, and I don't think the Duc would go into the ThunderBike.(An F2 would though.)  
  If you are interested in Gp Unl Am and would like to see a POSSIBILITY OF IT CONTINUING send an e-mail to Mr. Elliot from the CCS/FUSA/NRRS home page. Simply click on Kevin Elliot's name near the bottom and an email form will come to you. Perhaps this class has already gotten the axe. Maybe we can change their minds. Maybe nobody else cares.        

r6_philly

well, in 03, they combined the FUSA and CCS AM ULGP in the first half of the year. Then they were run seperately. And only 1 race had purse, so it was on sunday with AM ULGP. I think with time constrain and all, they would probably just axe the FUSA class and let the CCS class run with purse on Sat. That way AM's still have a ULGP, just so happen it is a CCS regional class.

I just get the feeling that they were not able to fit another 1 hour race, plus 1 more group of warm up's and 30 more minutes of qualifying. Thats 2 extra hours on Sunday. So 2 classes had to go, and qualifying moved to Sat. (which is GREAT)

So... if you want to run Formula Sportbike, you need to be an EX. I see thunderbike is the onlyway for you then on sunday.

Me however, is already an EX, so I guess I don't have much to say about the AM classes anymore.

BTW, the sunday AM ULGP's were very poorly attended. I think they were loosing money on the purse, most AM's left after Sat and don't want to pay extra to get a FUSA license and stay around and do 1 race on sunday. They don't follow FUSA series anyway. So let the locals play in CCS, not FUSA.

251am

I understand needing to get rid of a class that is drawing lower #'s to make room for a bigger money draw, but why doesn't someone from FUSA or CCS say "Hey, here are the cancelled classes..."? It's starting to look like it is an insurance issue. Insurance that the Steve Rapp's will be less likely to come around? ;)

251am

Received e-mail from Mr Elliot today. F-USA Unl GP has been eliminated.  

WebCrush

prolly had to make room for 750 Sportbike